- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
The Washington Times' political blog.
A Texas state lawmaker plans to introduce legislation that would make it illegal for officials to enforce any measures approved by President Obama or passed by Congress that ban so-called assault weapons or limit the capacity of gun ammunition clips, a San Antonio radio station reports.
House Democratic leaders say Speaker John A. Boehner is hypocritically amping up a taxpayer-funded defense of the Defense of Marriage Act in federal courts while simultaneously calling for government spending cuts.
President Obama could name foreign policy adviser Denis McDonough his next chief of staff by the end of the week, Bloomberg reported Tuesday.
A pro-business group called for the resignation Tuesday of National Labor Relations Board member Richard Griffin, a recess appointee by President Obama who has been named as a defendant in a federal lawsuit involving allegations of union corruption.
by Stephen Dinan | Published January 15, 2013 Comments
What if they read the Constitution and nobody came?
The ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee said Tuesday that he is "not very confident" that Congress will hammer out an agreement this year on tax reform.
Chelsea Clinton will serve as honorary chairwoman of the National Day of Service on Saturday to start a weekend of inaugural events, the Presidential Inaugural Committee said Tuesday.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been invited to speak at the annual gathering of the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Rep. Diane Black, Tennessee Republican, is reviving the push to cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood and other abortion businesses.
Rep. Steve Stockman threatened on Monday to defund the White House and potentially file impeachment charges if President Obama pushes forward with gun control measures without congressional approval.
by Seth McLaughlin | Published January 14, 2013 Comments
The Club for Growth, the influential anti-spending group, is calling on members of Congress to reject a relief package for the victims of Superstorm Sandy — warning that they will seek to punish lawmakers who support two proposals that together would set aside more than $50 billion for reconstruction efforts in the Northeast.
The House will read the Constitution on the chamber floor on Tuesday, continuing a practice Republicans started two years ago when they reclaimed control and vowed to bring constitutional legislating back to Congress.
Move over, Martin Luther King Jr. — the annual national day of service honoring the late civil-right leader falls this year on President Obama's inauguration.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden will meet with the House Democratic task force on gun violence at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on Monday morning, according to a White House official.
Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, stepping down this year as chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said Saturday she has deep concerns about former Sen. Chuck Hagel, President Obama's nominee for secretary of defense, citing in particular his views on Israel and Iran.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill