- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
The Washington Times' political blog.
A pro-business group called for the resignation Tuesday of National Labor Relations Board member Richard Griffin, a recess appointee by President Obama who has been named as a defendant in a federal lawsuit involving allegations of union corruption.
by Stephen Dinan | Published January 15, 2013 Comments
What if they read the Constitution and nobody came?
The ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee said Tuesday that he is "not very confident" that Congress will hammer out an agreement this year on tax reform.
Chelsea Clinton will serve as honorary chairwoman of the National Day of Service on Saturday to start a weekend of inaugural events, the Presidential Inaugural Committee said Tuesday.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been invited to speak at the annual gathering of the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Rep. Diane Black, Tennessee Republican, is reviving the push to cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood and other abortion businesses.
Rep. Steve Stockman threatened on Monday to defund the White House and potentially file impeachment charges if President Obama pushes forward with gun control measures without congressional approval.
by Seth McLaughlin | Published January 14, 2013 Comments
The Club for Growth, the influential anti-spending group, is calling on members of Congress to reject a relief package for the victims of Superstorm Sandy — warning that they will seek to punish lawmakers who support two proposals that together would set aside more than $50 billion for reconstruction efforts in the Northeast.
The House will read the Constitution on the chamber floor on Tuesday, continuing a practice Republicans started two years ago when they reclaimed control and vowed to bring constitutional legislating back to Congress.
Move over, Martin Luther King Jr. — the annual national day of service honoring the late civil-right leader falls this year on President Obama's inauguration.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden will meet with the House Democratic task force on gun violence at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on Monday morning, according to a White House official.
Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, stepping down this year as chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said Saturday she has deep concerns about former Sen. Chuck Hagel, President Obama's nominee for secretary of defense, citing in particular his views on Israel and Iran.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will be joining a broad coalition of law enforcement officials, faith groups and immigrant-rights activists Thursday in concerted push for the Obama administration and Congress to pass a broad overhaul of the nation's immigration laws this year.
The Obama administration is keeping local leaders in limbo over demands to put D.C. license plates with the city's pointed "Taxation Without Representation" motto on the presidential limousine — a practice President Clinton embraced before George W. Bush replaced the plates with ones that do not highlight the city's lack of voting rights in Congress.
The celebrities chosen to perform at President Obama's inauguration are a "who's who" of stars who raised big money for his reelection campaign.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Inside Politics Archives
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation