- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
The Washington Times' political blog.
By | Published January 10, 2013 Comments
President Obama took more fire from the left Thursday over what critics say is a lack of diversity in his second-term Cabinet appointments.
President Obama says he never compares himself to Abraham Lincoln, but he'll be sworn in again with President Lincoln's Bible at his inauguration on Jan. 21.
Even though it sounds like a headline in The Onion, a White House spokesman Wednesday repeatedly refused to rule out a bizarre-sounding proposal to mint a $1 trillion platinum coin that would allow the federal government to unilaterally raise the debt-ceiling if Congress fails to act.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden vowed action on gun control from President Obama on Wednesday and floated the idea that Mr. Obama could use executive action to do so.
After initially balking, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will send a representative to meet with Attorney General Eric Holder Thursday as part of Vice President Joseph R. Biden's efforts to address gun violence this week, a White House official said Thursday.
Pop superstar Beyonce will sing the national anthem at President Obama's inauguration celebration on Jan. 21, the Presidential Inaugural Committee announced Wednesday.
Sen. Ted Cruz said Republicans came out on the short end of the "fiscal cliff" fight because President Obama had a stronger position — but the new Texas lawmaker expects a different outcome in the upcoming debt-ceiling negotiations.
The National Rifle Association will send a representative to meet this week with Vice President Joseph R. Biden, who is heading a task force on gun violence, a spokesman for the group said Tuesday.
A new poll shows that Congress is less popular than carnies, root canals and colonoscopies, but more popular than the ebola virus, meth labs and gonorrhea.
Civil rights figure Myrlie Evers-Williams has been chosen to deliver the invocation at President Obama's inauguration on Jan. 21, the Presidential Inaugural Committee announced Tuesday.
President Obama will likely choose White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew to replace outgoing Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner by the end of the week, according to a report late Monday by the Bloomberg news agency.
Former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, who is traveling to North Korea with Google chief executive Eric Schmidt on a humanitarian mission, said on CNN Saturday that he hopes to speak with Kenneth Bae, an American who is being detained in the Communist nation.
Oklahoma Rep. Markwayne Mullin, part of the congressional freshman class of 2012, said Saturday the acrimony between the two parties starts as soon as new members arrive at the Capitol — but he's trying to do something about that.
Rep. Mike Thompson, picked by Nancy Pelosi to head House Democrats' new efforts to ban assault weapons, said Saturday that using the term "gun control" is unhelpful.
President Obama hasn't been sworn in for a second term yet, but that hasn't stopped the speculation about 2016. Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is leading a conservative website's interactive point-and-click poll for people to name their top choices for the Republican Party's next presidential nomination.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Inside Politics Archives
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers