- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
The Washington Times' political blog.
In a reversal, it is House Republicans who have fled Washington to get home for Christmas, while the Senate remains in town Friday to continue working on its business.
President Obama is calling for a sustained national grass-roots campaign for gun control and other measures to curb an outbreak of mass shootings like the one last Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary school.
Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, whose rising political star suddenly collapsed in a bizarre sex scandal, will reportedly attempt a political comeback starting within the next few days.
The White House has yet to say whether the National Rifle Association will be included in Vice President Joseph R. Biden's new task force for curbing gun violence in the nation.
The White House publicly defended the reputation of former Sen. Chuck Hagel, a top contender for defense secretary, even though he has yet to formally be nominated to the post.
President Obama's approval rating is shooting up in the days following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and is now at its highest point since 2009, according to the latest Gallup tracking poll.
Rep. Duncan Hunter, a California Republican and Marine combat veteran, called on Americans Thursday to boycott Mexico until that nation releases Jon Hammar, a former U.S. marine, from prison.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday he plans to send his chamber home for Christmas and then reconvene on Dec. 27 to try to work through the "fiscal cliff" — even as House Republicans said they'll keep their troops in town to try to strike a deal.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi may not be a fan of reducing future Social Security cost-of-living increases to seniors, but she said Wednesday that it doesn't count as a benefit cut.
Americans say the best way to stop mass shootings like last week's school rampage in Connecticut is to increase police at schools and focus on mental health issues — and give lower priority to banning semi-automatic guns, according to the latest Gallup polling
House Speaker John A. Boehner said Wednesday that the House will pass his bill that would raise taxes on millionaires but extend tax cuts for everyone else, and said it's then up to President Obama to either accept that plan or be responsible for a tax increase on everyone.
House Speaker John A. Boehner is being savaged on his own web page, with commenters fiercely denouncing him for proposing a plan that would see income tax rates rise for the wealthy.
The Environmental Protection Agency's internal auditor has opened an investigation into whether the agency mishandled open-records requests related to Administrator Lisa P. Jackson's emails.
President Obama has tapped Vice President Joseph R. Biden to lead an administrationwide effort to curb gun violence in the aftermath of the massacre in Newtown, Conn., on Friday.
The National Rifle Association, which had remained largely silent in the wake of the shooting deaths of 20 children and six adults last week at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., said Tuesday in a statement the group has provided time for mourning "as a matter of common decency" and that it "is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."
By Steve King
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid violent clashes between militias
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama: U.S. should 'embrace an economic patriotism that says we rise or fall together'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians