- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
The Washington Times' political blog.
Reclusive Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., an Illinois Democrat battling medical and legal problems, has a whopping 31-percentage point advantage over his nearest rival in his re-election bid, a new poll shows.
New York real estate magnate Donald Trump said Monday that he plans to drop a "big" bombshell about President Obama this week that could alter the outcome of the election.
President Obama leads by 5 points, 50 percent to 45 percent, in a Quinnipiac University/CBS News poll released Monday, but Republican Mitt Romney carved into President Obama's 10-point advantage in the all-important state of Ohio he held last month.
Top Romney and Obama campaign advisers butted heads Sunday over Big Bird, Mr. Romney's infamous "binders full of women" comment and a new word being used by the president on the campaign stump: "Romnesia."
Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday that Iran is taking advantage of the upcoming U.S. presidential election to buy time for its nuclear program, since the country reportedly has agreed to one-on-one negotiations with the U.S. only after the election is decided.
The super PAC backing President Obama raised $15 million last month, including $300,000 from Samuel Rawlings Walton, an heir to Wal-Mart, a traditional Republican-leaning organization.
With two weeks before election day, Mitt Romney's team has $55 million more than President Obama's in the bank, according to new filings detailing the campaigns and parties' fiscal standing as of October 1.With two weeks before election day, Mitt Romney's team has nearly 50 percent more in the bank than President Obama – an advantage of $55 million – according to new filings detailing the campaigns' and parties' fiscal standing as of October 1.
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., who has been undergoing treatment for bipolar depression, told supporters this weekend in an automated phone call that he is "healing," but is not yet ready to return to work and asked for patience from his suburban Chicago constituents.
One of Utah's largest newspapers, located in the heart of Mormon country, has endorsed President Obama over Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
A super PAC that has spent more than $35 million to promote President Obama's re-election campaign is renewing its efforts to hit Republican challenger Mitt Romney over his time at Bain Capital, according to a memo released Saturday.
President Obama said an improving housing market would be even better if Congress would act on his proposals to provide more assistance for underwater homeowners.
Retired auto executive Lee Iacocca, credited with saving Chrysler in the 1980s, has endorsed Mitt Romney.
Political guru Dick Morris predicted Saturday that the White House will announce an "October surprise" — a deal with Iran over nuclear inspections before the Nov. 6 election.
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has seized momentum in the key swing state of Florida but still trails President Obama in Ohio, according to a poll released Friday.
More than half of Americans think President Obama rebounded from a lackluster debate performance earlier this month to beat Republican challenger Mitt Romney in Tuesday's presidential debate, according to a survey released Friday.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- ICT trade mission to Azerbaijan successfully completed
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- JACOBS: Prepare for a fight on driverless vehicles
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight