- Tennessee ammunition site explodes, killing 1
- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
The Washington Times' political blog.
Outspoken Romney surrogate John H. Sununu has retreated from a comment he made Thursday night saying that former Secretary of State Colin Powell is endorsing President Obama because both men are black.
President Obama skewered Donald Trump during a taped appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Wednesday night.
The Obama campaign has released a new innuendo-filled web video featuring actress and director Lena Dunham that compares voting to losing one's virginity.
President Obama, who has criticized Republicans for passing laws requiring voters to show ID, presented his driver's license at a polling place in Chicago Thursday to vote early.
Sen. James M. Inhofe is accusing the White House of purposely delaying air-quality environmental rules until after the election to avoid alienating voters in battleground states such as Colorado, Ohio and Michigan.
President Obama had some harsh words for Republican challenger Mitt Romney in comments at the end of a recent magazine interview, according to a report posted Thursday by Politico.
by THE WASHINGTON TIMES | Published October 25, 2012 Comments
California Gov. Jerry Brown's $6 billion tax-increase initiative is losing steam as it enters the final stretch of the race, according to a new poll released Thursday.
The editorial staff of The Detroit News, one of Michigan's two largest news outlets, endorsed Mitt Romney for president Thursday, opting for the Republican despite President Obama's role in the auto industry bailout.
Mitt Romney's campaign, the Republican National Committee and related state party groups raised more than $111.8 million from Oct. 1 to Oct. 17, Mr. Romney's campaign announced Thursday.
Colin Powell, who served in multiple Republican presidential administrations and was secretary of state under President George W. Bush, endorsed President Obama on Thursday — as he did in 2008 — while reiterating that he is still a member of the Republican Party.
The super PAC supporting Mitt Romney made an enormous $18 million ad buy Tuesday, the largest independent expenditure ever reported to the Federal Election Commission. The amount is more than the super PAC, Restore Our Future, had on hand as of Oct. 1, meaning it may have received significant contributions in the days before the election.
The Federal Reserve made no changes in its program to drive down long-term interest rates at a meeting of its policy committee Wednesday.
U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock apologized Wednesday to anyone who misinterpreted his comments during a Tuesday debate that "life is a gift from God" and that "even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, it is something that God intended to happen," saying that he and the God he worships abhor violence while adding that he is a "much more humble person" today.
Clint Eastwood left the chair behind in his latest attempt to make Mitt Romney's Election Day.
Connecticut Rep. Chris Murphy was trailing his U.S. Senate opponent Linda McMahon just three weeks ago, but now he has gained the upper edge in the race, with a new poll Wednesday morning giving him a 6-point lead.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Inside Politics Archives
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace