- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
The Washington Times' political blog.
Seizing on an old clip of Barack Obama saying he believes in wealth "redistribution," Republicans are trying to shift into offense after spending a day struggling to mitigate the political fallout of the release of a secretly recorded video of Mitt Romney disparaging 47 percent of the American public as "victims" who don't pay taxes and depend on government.
President Obama enjoys greater support than Republican Mitt Romney among those making less than $50,000 per year, but about a third of those whose household incomes are less than $24,000 still support the former Massachusetts governor, Gallup said Tuesday.
Democratic New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez is maintaining a double-digit lead in his race for reelection, according to a poll released Tuesday.
Two popular talk-show hosts will hope to bring some levity — and maybe a little insight — to this year's election season by squaring off in a debate next month.
A senior adviser to Mitt Romney's campaign admitted Tuesday that Mr. Romney's widely-circulated comments at a fundraiser appearing to denigrate President Obama's supporters were not articulate, but argued he was speaking from a political standpoint, not a policy one.
The Green Party had a message Monday for the Obama campaign and Democrats: Hands off our Occupiers.
Vice President Joe Biden gave himself a little pat on the back today during a campaign stop in Muscatine, Iowa.
President Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney are in a virtual dead heat in the battleground state of Wisconsin, according to a poll released Monday.
Legendary actor and director Clint Eastwood found himself in the headlines after the final night of the Republican National Convention last month for his impromptu performance in which he debated an invisible President Obama supposedly sitting in an empty chair next to him.
One-time possible presidential candidate Donald Trump had some harsh words for President Obama on Monday morning, but he didn't hold back on Mitt Romney either, saying that given Mr. Obama's performance on the economy and foreign policy, Republicans should be winning "in a landslide."
Democratic Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren has made up serious ground and taken the lead in her race against incumbent Republican Sen. Scott P. Brown, according to two recent polls.
President Obama has a 5-point lead in the crucial battleground state of Virginia in a new survey from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling — the same margin he enjoyed last month before both the Democratic and Republican National conventions.
NBC's "Saturday Night Live" returned from summer vacation this weekend with a new President Obama, replacing longtime Barack impersonator Fred Armisen with African American cast member Jay Pharoah.
Former Mitt Romney rival Rick Santorum urged the social conservatives gathered at the Values Voter Summit on Saturday to get behind the Republican presidential nominee.
Hitting swing-state Florida again on Saturday, Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan told a crowd of several thousand in Oldsmar, north of Tampa Bay, that the Federal Reserve's new economic stimulus plan is just another doomed bailout.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Leon Panetta named as source of 'Zero Dark Thirty' scriptwriters information
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Robert Griffin III surprised at being benched by Mike Shanahan