- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
The Washington Times' political blog.
U.S. Senate candidate George Allen rolled out a new ad Wednesday — a positive spot outlining plans for what he calls "a better future."
The Obama campaign is deploying former Bill Clinton in the critical swing state of Florida Tuesday night for an overtly political event that breaks the unofficial 9/11 anniversary truce between the presidential campaigns.
Vice President Joe Biden told a group of firefighters they could trust him to make good on a bet and have them over to the White House for beers throwing in an expletive for emphasis in trademark Biden form.
The Obama administration said Tuesday that Americans have saved $1 billion on health insurance, one year into a new mandate on insurers to explain why they want to hike rates.
The Romney and Obama campaigns just can't quit Virginia.
Americans' wages are still failing to keep pace with the rising cost of their health insurance, but employer-sponsored coverage costs grew more slowly this year, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Crossroads GPS, the sister group of the Karl Rove-affiliated Super PAC American Crossroads, launched a $2.6 million ad buy Tuesday that includes three spots attacking Tim Kaine, the Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate in Virginia.
A top IRS official assured Congress on Tuesday that the agency will be prepared to dole out health insurance subsidies to millions of Americans 15 months from now.
The IRS has awarded the largest whistleblower award in history — $104 million — to a former UBS banker who gave information that helped expose a $20 billion offshore banking scheme, the whistleblower's lawyers said Tuesday.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta slammed Congress on Tuesday for failing to come up with a deal to prevent an additional half-trillion dollars in defense cuts, saying that the looming cutbacks would have a drastic effect on the nation's armed forces.
Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, pulled no punches in attacking President Obama's foreign policy record Tuesday, calling his Middle East policy an "abysmal failure" and saying he's gone "AWOL" on negotiations over looming cuts to the federal defense budget.
While a few polls have shown President Obama with a tangible lead after the Democratic National Convention, a new one gives him a razor-thin 1-point advantage over Republican Mitt Romney and less-than-solid marks on his handling of the economy.
Fresh off last week's Democratic National Convention, President Obama has stretched his lead over Mitt Romney among nationwide voters, according to polls released Monday.
Former GOP Florida Gov. Charlie Crist holds a commanding lead in a poll testing potential candidates in a hypothetical matchup for the 2014 Democratic primary for the state's governor.
President Obama narrowly raised more funds than Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on the campaign trail last month, breaking a three-month streak of greater fundraising totals by the GOP candidate.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- Increase in battlefield deaths linked to new rules of engagement in Afghanistan
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements