- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
The Washington Times' political blog.
Americans are growing increasingly optimistic about the economy and see President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney as equally capable of overseeing its recovery, according to a poll released Wednesday.
Two years after it passed, and after partially surviving an Obama administration court challenge, Arizona's tough immigration law took effect Tuesday.
Seizing on an old clip of Barack Obama saying he believes in wealth "redistribution," Republicans are trying to shift into offense after spending a day struggling to mitigate the political fallout of the release of a secretly recorded video of Mitt Romney disparaging 47 percent of the American public as "victims" who don't pay taxes and depend on government.
President Obama enjoys greater support than Republican Mitt Romney among those making less than $50,000 per year, but about a third of those whose household incomes are less than $24,000 still support the former Massachusetts governor, Gallup said Tuesday.
Democratic New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez is maintaining a double-digit lead in his race for reelection, according to a poll released Tuesday.
Two popular talk-show hosts will hope to bring some levity — and maybe a little insight — to this year's election season by squaring off in a debate next month.
A senior adviser to Mitt Romney's campaign admitted Tuesday that Mr. Romney's widely-circulated comments at a fundraiser appearing to denigrate President Obama's supporters were not articulate, but argued he was speaking from a political standpoint, not a policy one.
The Green Party had a message Monday for the Obama campaign and Democrats: Hands off our Occupiers.
Vice President Joe Biden gave himself a little pat on the back today during a campaign stop in Muscatine, Iowa.
President Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney are in a virtual dead heat in the battleground state of Wisconsin, according to a poll released Monday.
Legendary actor and director Clint Eastwood found himself in the headlines after the final night of the Republican National Convention last month for his impromptu performance in which he debated an invisible President Obama supposedly sitting in an empty chair next to him.
One-time possible presidential candidate Donald Trump had some harsh words for President Obama on Monday morning, but he didn't hold back on Mitt Romney either, saying that given Mr. Obama's performance on the economy and foreign policy, Republicans should be winning "in a landslide."
Democratic Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren has made up serious ground and taken the lead in her race against incumbent Republican Sen. Scott P. Brown, according to two recent polls.
President Obama has a 5-point lead in the crucial battleground state of Virginia in a new survey from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling — the same margin he enjoyed last month before both the Democratic and Republican National conventions.
NBC's "Saturday Night Live" returned from summer vacation this weekend with a new President Obama, replacing longtime Barack impersonator Fred Armisen with African American cast member Jay Pharoah.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels