- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Creator of ‘Selfies at Funerals’ blog retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
The Washington Times' political blog.
Rep. Gary Peters defeated fellow congressional incumbent Rep. Hansen Clarke in Tuesday's Democratic primary for Michigan's redrawn 14th Congressional District, with 47 percent of the vote to Mr. Clarke's 35 percent.
North Carolina voters favor President Obama by a slim margin over Mitt Romney, according to a poll released Tuesday.
The White House dismissed a report Tuesday that President Obama leaked word of Republican Mitt Romney wooing CIA Director Gen. David H. Petraeus to become his running mate.
The federal deficit is bumping up against the $1 trillion mark for the fourth straight year, having reached $975 billion through the end of July with two more months still to go in the fiscal year, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.
A bipartisan quartet of senators has called on the Chinese government to crack down on companies in its country that produce counterfeit American driver's licenses, saying the practice is a serious national security threat to the U.S.
There is one social issue on which Mitt Romney is more liberal than President Obama — that of urging the Boy Scouts of America to accept gay scouts.
Former President Jimmy Carter will deliver a videotaped address to be aired at next month's Democratic National Convention, party officials announced Tuesday.
Former New Jersey Gov. Christine Todd Whitman called the 2012 presidential campaign discourse "shameful" and pushed presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney to "stand up to" the more conservative wing of his party on Tuesday.
As if there wasn't already enough palace intrigue over who presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will choose as his running mate, Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman, Connecticut Independent, relayed the news to any potential contender Tuesday morning that they may be the pick — they just don't know it yet.
Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, will both have headline speaking slots at the Republican National Convention later this month, the RNC announced Tuesday.
About one in 11 citizens who voted for President Obama in 2008 say they will support presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney this year, according to a Gallup poll released Monday.
The White House does not control what Sen. Harry Reid says, Obama spokesman Jay Carney said Monday.
Former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu accused the Obama administration on Monday of masterminding recent attacks by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid against Mitt Romney's tax record.
Rep. Dennis Kucinich has introduced a bill that would require cell phones to warn consumers how much radiation is coming from their phones, saying that until science can disprove a link to cancer, the public should be told more information.
Ted Cruz appears willing to play with others, as long as they are fiscal conservatives.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert