- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
The Washington Times' political blog.
Nearly two-thirds of insurance executives believe that most small businesses won't offer their employees health coverage when President Obama's health care law is fully in effect five years from now.
Pivoting away from negative messages about Mitt Romney's record in business and as Massachusetts governor, the Obama campaign Thursday released the first in a series of TV ads that will focus on the positive — his commitment to women and families.
House Speaker John A. Boehner said President Obama's use of executive privilege in his administration's refusal to turn over documents regarding the "Fast and Furious" gunrunning operation is proof the White House is involved in a cover-up.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says Republican attacks over Attorney General Eric H. Holder is a ploy to distract him from investigating voter suppression in states.
Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida said that it is time for Attorney General Eric Holder to go, joining a growing chorus of Republicans who are angered by Mr. Holder's continued refusal to turn over documents related to the department's botched "Fast and Furious" gun-running operation.
The Republican National Committee is a money-raising rock star this year. It has $60.8 million in cash on hand, raised $34.3 million in receipts this month and has generated contributions of $81.3 million so far in 2012, according to figures it reported to the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will hold an exclusive retreat this weekend for an elite group of his closest supporters and donors with one notable absence: Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
Former GOP Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson holds an 8-percentage-point lead over Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin in a hypothetical matchup for the Badger State's open U.S. Senate seat, according to a new independent poll.
Senate Majority Whip Richard J. Durbin said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday assured him the league was taking steps to project player safety and the league's integrity in the wake of an ongoing scandal involving player bounties.
President Obama holds a big lead over Republican rival Mitt Romney in the presidential race, a new poll shows.
Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown has agreed to face his November challenger Elizabeth Warren in a debate moderated by Tom Brokaw — but only if MSNBC isn't involved and the late Sen. Ted Kennedy's widow doesn't take sides in the election.
President Obama thinks Father's Day is a "forgotten holiday," but you won't catch him saying it around his wife anymore.
The latest state jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics represents a mixed bag for President Obama and presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney in some of the key battleground states, as both men try to convince voters they're best equipped to strengthen the nation's economy.
The Romney camp on Thursday released a new television ad that challenges President Obama's economic chops by seizing on his recent assertion that the "private sector is doing just fine."
Seven Republican members of the Foreign Relations Committee are calling on President Obama to withdraw the nomination of Brett McGurk to be ambassador to Iraq after a string of steamy emails surfaced last week between Mr. McGurk and a reporter whom he later married
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- NAPOLITANO: Liberty, the wellspring of capitalism and charity
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions