- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
The Washington Times' political blog.
Public confidence in the economy is at its lowest point in six months and most Americans think things are only getting worse, according to a poll released Tuesday.
Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren will speak at the Democratic National Convention, the Obama campaign announced Monday.
San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro will deliver the keynote address at this year's Democratic National Convention and become the first Latino to do so, President Obama's campaign announced Tuesday.
Mitt Romney's campaign dealt with another minor headache Tuesday as he wraps up his overseas sojourn, with an aide telling the press to "shove it" in Poland, Politico reported.
White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Monday that President Obama will "evaluate" a new bill that would ban online ammunition sales in the wake of the shooting massacre in Aurora, Colo. That left 12 dead and dozens more injured.
Rep. Dave Camp thanked well-wishers for their support after announcing this weekend that he will undergo chemotherapy for a highly treatable for of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
On the eve of the bitterly contested runoff election for Texas' open U.S. Senate seat, Ted Cruz holds a 10 percentage-point lead over Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, a new poll shows.
Voters want the winner of this fall's presidential election to focus mainly on creating jobs, reducing federal corruption and cutting the national deficit, according to a poll released Monday.
The Democrats' 2012 platform, to be adopted at their convention in Charlotte in September, will officially back gay marriage, Rep. Barney Frank told the Advocate in an interview Monday.
Sens. John McCain and Kelly Ayotte blasted President Obama Monday for purportedly failing to lead on preventing cuts to defense spending set to take effect early next year absent Congressional action.
Former President Bill Clinton will speak at this year's Democratic National Convention and will formally nominate President Obama as the party's presidential nominee, according to reports.
Sen. John McCain pushed back Monday against former Vice President Dick Cheney's comments Sunday that Mr. McCain's choosing former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate in 2008 was a "mistake" — while getting in a few digs at Mr. Cheney in the process.
The U.S. Supreme Court may have decided one of its most high-profile cases in history when it upheld President Obama's health care overhaul last month, but six in 10 Americans did not know there are nine justices on the court, according to a poll released Monday.
"What Israelis know about Romney: He's not Obama," observes Jerusalem Post diplomatic correspondent Herb Keinon, anticipating Mitt Romney's 36-hour visit to Israel this weekend. Though the locals know little about him, Mr. Romney still outpolls President Obama says a Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies survey asking Israelis who would best promote Israel's interests.
In his party's weekly address, Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch called on Congress to pass a full extension of the George W. Bush-era tax cuts and argued that repealing any of the cuts will hurt businesses and middle-class families.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy