- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
The Washington Times' political blog.
Rep. Dave Camp thanked well-wishers for their support after announcing this weekend that he will undergo chemotherapy for a highly treatable for of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
On the eve of the bitterly contested runoff election for Texas' open U.S. Senate seat, Ted Cruz holds a 10 percentage-point lead over Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, a new poll shows.
Voters want the winner of this fall's presidential election to focus mainly on creating jobs, reducing federal corruption and cutting the national deficit, according to a poll released Monday.
The Democrats' 2012 platform, to be adopted at their convention in Charlotte in September, will officially back gay marriage, Rep. Barney Frank told the Advocate in an interview Monday.
Sens. John McCain and Kelly Ayotte blasted President Obama Monday for purportedly failing to lead on preventing cuts to defense spending set to take effect early next year absent Congressional action.
Former President Bill Clinton will speak at this year's Democratic National Convention and will formally nominate President Obama as the party's presidential nominee, according to reports.
Sen. John McCain pushed back Monday against former Vice President Dick Cheney's comments Sunday that Mr. McCain's choosing former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate in 2008 was a "mistake" — while getting in a few digs at Mr. Cheney in the process.
The U.S. Supreme Court may have decided one of its most high-profile cases in history when it upheld President Obama's health care overhaul last month, but six in 10 Americans did not know there are nine justices on the court, according to a poll released Monday.
"What Israelis know about Romney: He's not Obama," observes Jerusalem Post diplomatic correspondent Herb Keinon, anticipating Mitt Romney's 36-hour visit to Israel this weekend. Though the locals know little about him, Mr. Romney still outpolls President Obama says a Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies survey asking Israelis who would best promote Israel's interests.
In his party's weekly address, Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch called on Congress to pass a full extension of the George W. Bush-era tax cuts and argued that repealing any of the cuts will hurt businesses and middle-class families.
His 2009 vote to abolish the death penalty in Colorado may come back to haunt Democratic state Rep. Joe Miklosi in November.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said Friday that he thinks Congress will take action on the George W. Bush-era tax cuts before their January expiration date, but he declined to say whether House Republicans will be willing to compromise with Senate Democrats on a plan.
On an overseas trip meant to boost his foreign policy credentials and diplomatic acumen, Mitt Romney quickly found himself in the crossfires after expressing some misgivings earlier this week about London's preparedness to host the Olympic games.
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will attend a campaign event Friday in support of Republican Senate candidate Ted Cruz of Texas, his office says.
The Senate Thursday took up a long-delayed bill to secure the nation's power grid, water supply and telecommunications system from cyberattack by hackers or foreign enemies.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Inside Politics Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- PRUDEN: Missing airliner, stolen passports fuel wild speculation
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Obamacare enrollment hits 4.2 million, but slowing