- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
The Washington Times' political blog.
Public confidence in the economy is at its lowest point in six months and most Americans think things are only getting worse, according to a poll released Tuesday.
Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren will speak at the Democratic National Convention, the Obama campaign announced Monday.
San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro will deliver the keynote address at this year's Democratic National Convention and become the first Latino to do so, President Obama's campaign announced Tuesday.
Mitt Romney's campaign dealt with another minor headache Tuesday as he wraps up his overseas sojourn, with an aide telling the press to "shove it" in Poland, Politico reported.
White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Monday that President Obama will "evaluate" a new bill that would ban online ammunition sales in the wake of the shooting massacre in Aurora, Colo. That left 12 dead and dozens more injured.
Rep. Dave Camp thanked well-wishers for their support after announcing this weekend that he will undergo chemotherapy for a highly treatable for of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
On the eve of the bitterly contested runoff election for Texas' open U.S. Senate seat, Ted Cruz holds a 10 percentage-point lead over Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, a new poll shows.
Voters want the winner of this fall's presidential election to focus mainly on creating jobs, reducing federal corruption and cutting the national deficit, according to a poll released Monday.
The Democrats' 2012 platform, to be adopted at their convention in Charlotte in September, will officially back gay marriage, Rep. Barney Frank told the Advocate in an interview Monday.
Sens. John McCain and Kelly Ayotte blasted President Obama Monday for purportedly failing to lead on preventing cuts to defense spending set to take effect early next year absent Congressional action.
Former President Bill Clinton will speak at this year's Democratic National Convention and will formally nominate President Obama as the party's presidential nominee, according to reports.
Sen. John McCain pushed back Monday against former Vice President Dick Cheney's comments Sunday that Mr. McCain's choosing former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate in 2008 was a "mistake" — while getting in a few digs at Mr. Cheney in the process.
The U.S. Supreme Court may have decided one of its most high-profile cases in history when it upheld President Obama's health care overhaul last month, but six in 10 Americans did not know there are nine justices on the court, according to a poll released Monday.
"What Israelis know about Romney: He's not Obama," observes Jerusalem Post diplomatic correspondent Herb Keinon, anticipating Mitt Romney's 36-hour visit to Israel this weekend. Though the locals know little about him, Mr. Romney still outpolls President Obama says a Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies survey asking Israelis who would best promote Israel's interests.
In his party's weekly address, Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch called on Congress to pass a full extension of the George W. Bush-era tax cuts and argued that repealing any of the cuts will hurt businesses and middle-class families.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels