- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
The Washington Times' political blog.
Earlier this year, presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney called President Obama "extraordinarily naive" for putting a timetable of transferring control of Afghanistan to the country's security forces by the end of 2014.
As President Obama's campaign works to quell a controversy over his recent statement on entrepreneurship and small businesses, Sen. Scott Brown, Massachusetts Republican, has seized on them to bring attention to similar remarks made by his opponent, consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren.
Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said Wednesday he'd give President Obama a "C" on his national security record, applauding him for the raid that killed Osama bin Laden raid but decrying recent national security leaks that have become a flashpoint on Capitol Hill.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker criticized Mitt Romney's campaign on Wednesday for being too passive in its response to attacks from the campaign of President Obama.
In the fight to keep his Ohio Senate seat, Democrat Sherrod Brown is appealing to his state's manufacturing base by touting the Obama administration's auto bailout plan.
Senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod struck back at the Romney campaign on Wednesday, defending the president's foreign policy record and accusing the presumptive Republican presidential nominee of failing to put forth his own vision for the world's future.
Political groups are pressing to further blur the lines between the myriad and little-regulated types of groups that run politically-tinged advertising, including campaigns, super PACs and nonprofit advocacy groups, according to a document released Tuesday by the Federal Election Commission.
After two weeks of political fallout over his "you didn't build that" comments about business owners, President Obama is bringing his attempt to clarify the remarks directly to voters with a new ad accusing Republicans of taking his quotes out of context.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday denied reports that he's been chosen to give the keynote address at the Republican National Convention in Tampa next month.
About one in 10 employers plan to drop health coverage when key provisions of the new health care law kick in less than two years from now, according to a survey to be released Tuesday by the consulting company Deloitte.
A surrogate for the Romney campaign blasted President Obama on Tuesday, accusing the president of not standing up to support Israel or condemn Russia for its support of the current Syrian regime.
President Obama paid tribute to the late Sally Ride, America's first female astronaut, as "a national hero and a powerful role model."
It remains to be seen whether voters will re-elect President Obama this fall but Iowa Democrats already have Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton in mind as his successor in 2016, according to a poll released Monday.
President Obama's favorite actor is Paul Newman and his current favorite TV show is "Homeland," a Showtime network program about a Marine returning from time as a POW who a CIA agent suspects might have been turned by al Qaeda.
The Obama administration has proposed including same-sex couples in one of the health care law's new benefits that allows young adult children to stay on their parents' health plans.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Inside Politics Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map