- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
The Washington Times' political blog.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says Republican attacks over Attorney General Eric H. Holder is a ploy to distract him from investigating voter suppression in states.
Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida said that it is time for Attorney General Eric Holder to go, joining a growing chorus of Republicans who are angered by Mr. Holder's continued refusal to turn over documents related to the department's botched "Fast and Furious" gun-running operation.
The Republican National Committee is a money-raising rock star this year. It has $60.8 million in cash on hand, raised $34.3 million in receipts this month and has generated contributions of $81.3 million so far in 2012, according to figures it reported to the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will hold an exclusive retreat this weekend for an elite group of his closest supporters and donors with one notable absence: Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
Former GOP Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson holds an 8-percentage-point lead over Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin in a hypothetical matchup for the Badger State's open U.S. Senate seat, according to a new independent poll.
Senate Majority Whip Richard J. Durbin said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday assured him the league was taking steps to project player safety and the league's integrity in the wake of an ongoing scandal involving player bounties.
President Obama holds a big lead over Republican rival Mitt Romney in the presidential race, a new poll shows.
Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown has agreed to face his November challenger Elizabeth Warren in a debate moderated by Tom Brokaw — but only if MSNBC isn't involved and the late Sen. Ted Kennedy's widow doesn't take sides in the election.
President Obama thinks Father's Day is a "forgotten holiday," but you won't catch him saying it around his wife anymore.
The latest state jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics represents a mixed bag for President Obama and presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney in some of the key battleground states, as both men try to convince voters they're best equipped to strengthen the nation's economy.
The Romney camp on Thursday released a new television ad that challenges President Obama's economic chops by seizing on his recent assertion that the "private sector is doing just fine."
Seven Republican members of the Foreign Relations Committee are calling on President Obama to withdraw the nomination of Brett McGurk to be ambassador to Iraq after a string of steamy emails surfaced last week between Mr. McGurk and a reporter whom he later married
Republican Charlie Summers and Democrat Cynthia Dill survived their primaries in Maine on Tuesday, putting them a step closer to replacing outgoing Sen. Olympia J. Snowe, a Republican.
President Obama holds a six-point lead over Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in Pennsylvania, built on advantages among women and independents, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday.
Commerce Secretary John Bryson has informed the White House that he is taking a medical leave of absence to undergo tests and evaluations after he had a seizure and was involved in two traffic accidents in California on Sunday.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- Pentagon's human memory-chip program moves forward; two universities awarded contracts
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity