- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
The Washington Times' political blog.
A group of Democratic lawmakers Monday urged Health and Human Services (HHS) officials to move swiftly on a pilot study on blood-donor policies so that the "indefensible" and "discriminatory" ban on donations by gay and bisexual men can be lifted.
Judging from Rep. Allen West's first TV ad of his 2012 re-election campaign, which debuted today, viewers could be forgiven if they mistake the Florida Republican as a long-shot upstart and not the freshman incumbent that he is.
Rick Santorum said Sunday he doesn't expect to be considered as a possible running mate for Mitt Romney, but if the presumptive Republican nominee wants to talk, he'll "take the call."
Sen. John McCain, the leading critic of the recent spate of national security leaks, rejected Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.'s appointment on Friday of two U.S. attorneys to investigate the breaches, arguing that only an outside counsel would be independent enough for such a task.
The House Ethics Committee shot down a request by 68 House Democrats to explain its decision to move forward with its two-year-old case against Rep. Maxine Waters after dismissing the California Democrat's argument that her due-process rights were violated.
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed ban on super-sized sugary drinks is leaving a sour aftertaste for a majority of Americans.
Democrat Heidi Heitkamp has edged into a razor-thin lead over Republican Rep. Rick Berg for North Dakota's open U.S. Senate seat, a new independent poll shows.
A contingent of 68 House Democrats is demanding more answers from the Ethics committee about its decisions to move forward with the 2-year-old case against Rep. Maxine Waters and to dismiss the California Democrat's argument that her due process rights were violated.
A senator from New Jersey said Thursday he'll try to make the government study a link between sugary drinks and obesity, elevating the recent debate in New York City to the federal level.
House GOP Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi embraced on the House floor Thursday afternoon, sharing an unusually amicable moment as lawmakers congratulated the California Democrat on her 25-year anniversary in Congress.
In another sign of the slowing economy, corporate tax payments to the federal government have slowed dramatically, according to the latest estimate Thursday by the Congressional Budget Office.
More than two-thirds of Americans hope the Supreme Court justices will overturn some or all of President Obama's health care overhaul when they announce their decision later this month, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll released Thursday morning.
The victory of GOP Gov. Scott Walker earlier this week against a massive union-led recall effort in Wisconsin Tuesday has helped another Republican governor escape a similar fate.
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said Thursday that the administration is only targeting marijuana operations that have exceeded state laws, countering claims of marijuana advocates that President Obama is breaking his campaign promise not to go after operations in states that have legalized the drug's use for medical purposes.
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is closing the gap with President Obama in Virginia but still trails the incumbent by 5 percentage points, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday.
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages