- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
The Washington Times' political blog.
A day after he delivers his State of the Union address, President Obama will head to a Costco store in suburban Maryland to speak about the economy, the White House announced Monday.
Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, predicted Monday that Congress will have a more productive year in 2014 than it did last year — thanks in part to what he says is the tea party's waning influence on Capitol Hill.
Acknowledging that his beard wasn't measuring up, White House press secretary Jay Carney shaved it off Friday.
Joe Nosef, Mississippi GOP chair, said Friday former Ark. Gov. Mike Huckabee's remarks on birth control distracted from the Republican Party's pro-life position that much of the country agrees with.
A petition asking President Obama to deport Justin Bieber and revoke his visa is quickly gaining popularity on the White House's "We The People" page Friday morning.
Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker said Friday she's not concerned about America being eclipsed by China as the top economy in the world.
Less than half of registered voters think their congressman deserves to be re-elected, a Gallup poll released Friday found.
Once again, President Obama's budget for the federal government will be late.
In remarks that weaved together history and his trademark humor, Mr. Biden said the Affordable Care Act will give millions of Americans the "peace of mind" of knowing they have health coverage.
Only half of registered voters in Virginia said they would vote for Democratic Sen. Mark Warner if the mid-term election was held today, according to a poll released Thursday.
by | Published January 23, 2014 Comments
GOP chairs in key states said on Thursday they support the Republican party's effort to move up the convention to June or July.
Last year was the second most polarizing year of President Obama's tenure, a Gallup poll released Thursday found.
Virginia state Sen. Dick Black, Loudoun Republican, has reportedly opted out of a run for the seat of retiring Rep. Frank Wolf — a possible boost for state Del. Barbara Comstock, Fairfax Republican, who has announced she will run.
Rep. Frank Pallone, New Jersey Democrat, said Wednesday he thinks the committee investigating Gov. Chris Christie and the closed lanes on the George Washington Bridge will eventually dig into other scandals that have come up.
As the housing market slowly recovers and home values steadily increase, the real estate industry is beefing up its lobbying muscle in Congress.
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case