- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
The Washington Times' political blog.
President Obama will speak at the groundbreaking of the Smithsonian Institution's $500 million National Museum of African American History and Culture on Feb. 22, the White House announced Wednesday.
Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius said Wednesday she didn't consult with Catholic bishops before revising a contraception mandate they've been fighting.
A new study says dropping the paper dollar in favor of a $1 coin would save the federal government $4.4 billion over the next three decades, chiefly because the coins wouldn't need to be replaced as often, reducing the cost per unit.
Rep. Michele Bachmann, while admitting she loves the dance floor, has dispelled rumors she would be on the popular TV show "Dancing With the Stars" next season.
While the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has attacked President Obama's new mandate that religious institutions pay for their workers' contraception, the group also has pushed more quietly for a Democratic proposal to extend the unemployment insurance benefits.
The number of Americans obtaining health insurance through their employer continued to decline last year, with 44.6 percent taking advantage of employer-sponsored coverage.
President Obama offered a love-inspired stimulus plan on Valentine's Day, telling men to splurge.
Sen. John Cornyn says Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. is "playing politics" with the nation's anti-terrorism efforts and has compromised national security and put the lives of military personnel at risk.
Colorado Republicans were breathing a sigh of relief after state Rep. Laura Bradford announced Friday that she would remain in the GOP, following a two-week kerfuffle that imperiled the party's one-vote hold on the state House.
European Parliament Member Daniel Hannan told a gathering of conservative activists in Washington Saturday that the Obama administration's "Europeanization" agenda has the U.S. "screeching toward the cliff" of socialism.
Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton says President Obama deserves little credit for the military operation that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden, saying it was a "success 20 years in the making."
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal took his push to overhaul his state's school systems — and his fight with teachers unions — to Washington Saturday, telling a gathering of conservatives activists that unions are holding back his reforms.
Florida Republican Rep. Allen West told the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday that conservatives mustn't "sit back on our laurels" won during the Republicans' sweeping 2010 midterm election success and press ahead to control all of government.
A top official with the National Rifle Association said Friday that President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights and "erase" the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee expressed solidarity with a growing movement by the U.S. Catholic bishops to fight President Obama's new mandate that religious institutions pay for their workers' birth control, telling a gathering of conservative activists Friday that "we're all Catholics now."
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Inside Politics Archives
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges