- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
The Washington Times' political blog.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry has gained on former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney among Pennsylvania voters despite shaky debate performances, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.
President Obama's message commemorating the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashana includes a pledge reaffirming his administration's commitment to Israel.
Ordinary Americans have thrown around plenty of pejoratives to describe their frustrations regarding the brinkmanship that has enveloped the current Congress. Not to be outdone, one of Capitol Hill's very own has offered this biting assessment of the situation: "disgusting."
President Nixon had Elvis, and now President Obama has had a face-to-face meeting with Lady Gaga.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich teased Republican loyalists Saturday with the idea that he would tap Sen. Marco Rubio as his running mate if elected president.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry ripped into the universal health care plan that Mitt Romney signed into law as governor of Massachusetts, saying the program has failed, cost the state thousands of jobs and served as a blueprint for President Obama's overhaul of the national system.
Bowing to the realities of a campaign that never got off the ground, Rep. Thad McCotter told supporters Thursday he is ending his bid for the Republican presidential nomination and endorsing Mitt Romney.
Ahead of President Obama's stimulus-jobs trip Thursday to push for a bridge between Kentucky and Ohio — which essentially links the areas represented by the two top Republican leaders in Congress — the GOP is pushing back.
Sen. Lamar Alexander announced Tuesday he will step down from his Senate Republican leadership post in January, saying the move will allow him to be more "aggressive" in tackling major issues.
Republican presidential contender Rep. Michele Bachmann called Tuesday on President Obama to bar Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from attending this week's session of the United Nationals General Assembly.
President Obama wants the supercommittee to cut payments to drug companies, long-term care facilities and, eventually, beneficiaries, as part of his $3 trillion recommendation to reduce the federal deficit.
GOP White House hopefuls responded in a familiar fashion Monday to President Obama's latest deficit reduction plan, rejecting the notion of raising taxes and suggesting the commander-in-chief doesn't have a clue when it comes to getting the nation's fiscal house in order.
A New Rasmussen Reports national survey shows the three-term Texas governor losing his edge over President Obama in a hypothetical match-up. Mr. Perry has lost his three percentage point edge and now trails 46 percent to 29 percent, a 10 percentage point swing.
Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge endorsed Jon Huntsman for president Friday, saying the former Utah governor has a proven record on creating jobs, strengthening America's competitiveness and advancing the nation's interests in a global economy.
A new poll out Friday shows that most Republicans primary voters aren't turned off by Rick Perry's description of Social Security as a "Ponzi Scheme," but that the comments could come back to haunt the Texas governor in the general election, where Independents play a key role in selecting the next president.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- EDITORIAL: Colorado ruling takes the cake
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report