- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
The Washington Times' political blog.
At least one fellow Texas Republican believes Gov. Rick Perry, already flirting with a 2012 presidential run, is getting ready to jump into the race.
Republicans seem to have settled informally on a message for 2012: Obama made it worse.
The Club for Growth on Wednesday said presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman Jr. has "a lot of explaining to do if he wants to win the Republican nomination."
Looking to gain some traction in the presidential field, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty is up with the first Iowa television advertisement of the 2012 presidential campaign, highlighting his record as governor while suggesting some of his GOP rivals offer some of the same empty rhetoric that he blames for the country's current problems.
The White House on Tuesday turned laughter into applause -- literally.
Fresh off her well-received performance in last week's GOP presidential debate, Rep. Michele Bachmann now tops the field of candidates in a new Zogby poll of Republican primary voters.
He may not have wanted it, but Jon Huntsman apparently has an unlikely ally in Sen. Harry Reid, the top Democrat in the Senate.
Rep. Michele Bachmann apparently is turning north for economic inspiration to that great land of freedom — Canada.
Jon Stewart wouldn't walk back his criticism of Fox News and stood by his claim that the cable channel is little more than a "propaganda delivery system" during an uncomfortable back-and-forth with host Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."
The vast majority of Republican voters say they will vote for the GOP presidential candidate — regardless of who he or she is, a new poll shows.
GOP presidential nomination frontrunner Mitt Romney, says he won't sign a new pledge from the powerful pro-life Susan B. Anthony List, citing restrictive language in the pledge on hospital funding and the selection of Cabinet members.
Tim Pawlenty wants to turn back time.
A leader of one of the largest tea party groups in the nation says former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman's potential presidential bid is creating "zero buzz" within the grassroots movement.
The chairman of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor party is calling on Rep. Michele Bachmann to drop any plans to run for her House seat in 2012 if she is serious about pursuing the presidency. But he also freely admits that the Republican's White House should help her re-election chances and give a boost to her political career.
The White House is trying to manage expectations about the president's upcoming golf game against Speaker John A. Boehner Jr.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'