- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
The Washington Times' political blog.
President Obama on Thursday admitted his 2006 vote against raising the debt limit as a senator from Illinois was "political" and not in the best interest of the country.
Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday there is "bipartisan opposition" in the chamber to increasing the nation's debt ceiling unless Congress also takes "significant" steps to reduce the federal debt.
Sen. Bernard Sanders, one of the Senate's most liberal members, announced Tuesday he will vote against the fiscal 2011 spending deal struck last week, saying it would cut more than $38 billion from programs that help working families without calling for shared sacrifice by the wealthiest Americans.
With her husband now overseeing a military action in Libya in addition to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, first lady Michelle Obama turned her attention Tuesday to military families, launching a program to ensure troops and their loved ones have the support they need.
The No. 2 House Democrat said Tuesday he's uncertain if he or his caucus will support the fiscal 2011 spending deal struck late Friday between the White House and congressional leaders.
Two Illinois Democrats have urged the International Ice Hockey Federation to postpone its 2014 world championship tournament in Minsk, Belarus because of human rights concerns in the eastern European country.
President Obama will kick off the fundraising effort for his re-election bid Thursday night in Chicago, where he will headline an event at the Navy Pier, the Democratic National Committee announced Monday.
White House spokesman Jay Carney on Monday said President Obama regrets voting against an increase in the federal debt ceiling in 2006 as a senator from Illinois.
Legendary screen actor and director Robert Redford on Sunday likened America's political discourse to a "war zone," with Republicans and Democrats seemingly unable to discuss their ideas without shouting over one another.
All of the cable news networks are running countdown clocks to help viewers know the last minute, second, and, in the case of Fox News Channel, the last hundredth of a second, until a midnight government shutdown.
Nine Democratic female senators held a news conference Friday to slam Republicans for their insistence that funding for Planned Parenthood be stripped from a stopgap spending bill to keep the government running.
Rep. Adam Kinzinger, Illinois Republican, said on Thursday that it's about time President Obama got into the budget fight.
Sen. Joe Manchin III says he'll forgo his taxpayer-funded salary should the government be forced to shut down, and urged the rest of Congress — and Preisdent Obama — to do the same.
Rep. Brad Sherman, a California Democrat, said Thursday that the White House is "dramatically underestimating" the cost of the nation's military involvement in Libya by relying on misleading accounting.
Saying he's ready to do what it takes to spark movement on long-term deficit reduction, House Speaker John A. Boehner told ABC News on Wednesday he's willing to have tax increases be part of that discussion.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama pleads for peace in strife-torn Central African Republic
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control