- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
The Washington Times' political blog.
The Senate's top Republican said Wednesday that in the closed-door budget talks, the White House was offering just an additional $2 billion in actual spending cuts for 2012 — compared to an expected deficit of $1.1 trillion for the whole year.
Partisan tit for tat over raising the nation's debt limit continued Tuesday, as the No. 2 House Democrat rebuked GOP Majority Leader Eric Cantor for saying Republicans were making a concession simply by agreeing to join the negotiations.
Sen. Harry Reid surprised lawmakers last week by canceling the Senate's July 4 vacation last week to fight over the budget — only to instead schedule a vote on President Obama's troop deployment in Libya.
After 2½ years in office, President Obama now "owns" the economy as an issue, according to top adviser David Plouffe, who added he was confident that voters understand that recovering from a devastating recession Mr. Obama inherited takes time.
A new poll out this week finds that in a head-to-head battle against Texas Gov. Rick Perry in the 2012 presidential election, President Obama would emerge victorious the Lone Star state.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation to launch a criminal investigation of Rep. Laura Richardson regarding possible misuse of her staff.
President Obama's regulatory czar told a Capitol Hill gathering Tuesday that the administration has produced fewer burdensome rules for industry than did the administration of President George W. Bush.
The Club for Growth, the influential fiscal conservative group, released a glowing review Tuesday of Rep. Michelle Bachmann's tenure in Congress and the Minnesota state Senate, saying that the third-term lawmaker and 2012 presidential hopeful has a solid record of supporting pro-growth policies.
Rep. Trey Gowdy, South Carolina Republican, said Tuesday that he and other lawmakers looking into a controversial undercover federal gun sting want answers from the Obama administration on who approved the ill-fated Operation Fast and Furious.
Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, in a speech Tuesday at the Council on Foreign Relations, plans to lay out his strategic vision for the nation's involvement in the Middle East, calling on his fellow Republicans not to shrink away from what he sees as the nation's commitments in the region.
Bristol Palin said her mother, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, has decided whether or not she'll run for president in 2012 — but she wouldn't tip her mom's hand.
Rep. Michele Bachmann kicked off her presidential campaign on Monday in Waterloo, Iowa, and in one interview surrounding the official event she promised to mimic the spirit of Waterloo's own John Wayne. The only problem, as one eagle-eyed reader notes: Waterloo's John Wayne was not the beloved movie star, but rather John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer.
At least one fellow Texas Republican believes Gov. Rick Perry, already flirting with a 2012 presidential run, is getting ready to jump into the race.
Republicans seem to have settled informally on a message for 2012: Obama made it worse.
The Club for Growth on Wednesday said presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman Jr. has "a lot of explaining to do if he wants to win the Republican nomination."
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional