- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
The Washington Times' political blog.
The Obama administration on Thursday said it plans to eliminate or streamline scores of overly burdensome government regulations in a move officials said would save taxpayers and businesses billions of dollars over time.
Maine grows a lot of potatoes, and one of the state's two U.S. senators is telling Michelle Obama and the Agriculture Department to let potatoes keep a prized place on school menus.
Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe said Thursday that he thinks President Obama is out on a political limb with his endorsement of the 1967 borders — with modifications — as the basis for a final peace deal between Israel and a new Palestinian state.
Your taxpayer money has gone to fund Jell-O wrestling at the South Pole.
Democratic Sen. Mary L. Landrieu has urged her fellow senators to press President Obama to boost funding for natural disaster victims in the South and Midwest.
Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker's popularity has continued to decline over the last three months, and state voters now say they would vote to recall him if there was a new election, a new polls says.
Florida Gov. Rick Scott has been in office less than five months but voters already have grown weary of the Republican by a 2-to-1 ratio, a new poll shows.
Well, it was a good year for him. President Obama mistakenly signed the year "2008" instead of "2011" in the Westminster Abbey guestbook Tuesday.
President Obama said he will visit Missouri on Sunday to tour the devastation wrought by a tornado that killed more than 116 people in Joplin over the weekend.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said Monday that if Congress passes an emergency spending bill to help Missouri's tornado victims, the extra money will have to be cut from somewhere else.
A post-workout mishap involving a door has apparently left Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, a possible presidential contender, in stitches — sixteen of them.
A slight majority of Americans for the first time say they believe same-sex marriage should be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages among heterosexual couples, a new poll shows.
If it's up to the Club for Growth, Republicans won't nominate former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson for the U.S. Senate seat that Democrat Herb Kohl plans to walk away from next year.
The pilot of President Obama's plane aborted a landing in Connecticut on Wednesday morning because of poor visibility, before landing safely on a second attempt.
Sen. Mark Udall, who on Monday afternoon viewed photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse, said he was glad for the opportunity but said he stands by President Obama's decision to release them to the public.
By Scott Pinsker
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists