- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
The Washington Times' political blog.
Two independent candidates for governor made significant gains this week on their Republican and Democratic rivals, according to newly released polls.
Democrats were quick to blast Republican Ken Buck after he said he believed homosexuality was a choice in a Meet the Press debate Sunday, but those with longer memories may recall that Mr. Buck has been something of a pioneer on gay rights in Colorado.
The candidates for Maryland governor held their second debate Thursday, battling again on the economy and job creation but also drawing clear distinctions about their views on illegal immigration, gay marriage and even the Washington Redskins.
The head of the Democratic Party said Thursday he's "not wild" about a TV campaign ad by Democratic Senate candidate Gov. Joe Manchin of West Virginia in which he fires a rifle at a key pending Democratic energy bill.
Florida Republican gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott holds a tenuous 3-point lead lead over Democrat Alex Sink in a new poll, though the race remains one of the closest governor's races in the country.
Florida gubernatorial candidate Alex Sink this week will premiere an unusually long two-minute TV ad blasting her opponent Rick Scott for his role in one of the nation's largest medical scandals in history.
The Wisconsin Republican Party has accused Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold of being soft on Osama bin Laden.
A Rasmussen Reports poll released Thursday shows Sharron Angle four points ahead of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in their hotly contested Senate race.
The Florida Republican said he has raised more than $5 million during the quarter ending Sept. 30.
Rand Paul, the Republican candidate for a U.S. Senate seat in Kentucky, told a national audience Sunday that his campaign has yet to attack Democratic challenger Jack Conway because he's so far behind in the race. But two days later, the campaign is up with its first negative TV ad against Mr. Conway.
Doug Hoffman, the upstate New York longshot whose 2009 congressional bid was an early indicator of the tea party's political relevance, announced today he is stepping aside in the 23rd Congressional District race.
Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet dropped a bombshell last week by revealing that his Republican opponent, Tea Party favorite Ken Buck, wants to raise taxes.
The general consensus after Tuesday's California gubernatorial debate was both candidates performed as expected. Democrat Jerry Brown was smoother and more comfortable behind the mike; Republican Meg Whitman was a bit stiff, but may have won over some voters simply by exceeding expectations.
The Republican candidate for Maryland governor, Robert L. Ehrlich Jr., is accused the administration of Democratic incumbent Gov. Martin O'Malley, of interfering with the state Labor Department for political gain.
No habla espanol? Then you'll have trouble understanding Senate candidate Marco Rubio's latest campaign ad, a Spanish-language spot aimed at the state's immense — and politically active — Hispanic population.
By Tammy Bruce
Sheryl Sandberg, Beyonce are bossy women trying to ban bossy from our vocabulary
Inside Politics Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- As Ukraine crisis simmers, U.S. transport planes heading to Poland