- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
The Washington Times' political blog.
House leaders on both sides of the aisle said Tuesday that Congress should not rush to pass new laws in the wake of a West Virginia chemical spill last week that left more than 300,000 without water.
Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona has filed a bill that would allow everyone to purchase catastrophic health plans instead of more expensive coverage on state-based Obamacare markets.
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will deliver the keynote address at the National Republican Congressional Committee's annual dinner in March, officials said Tuesday.
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin said Tuesday it is time to get serious about heroin addiction in his state, a burgeoning problem that he says cannot be fixed through mass arrests.
Sen. Ted Cruz, an outspoken freshman who may launch a 2016 presidential bid, is planning to renounce his Canadian citizenship soon, his office said
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is awash in turmoil because members of his inner circle caused gridlock in a town near the George Washington Bridge and some Democrats didn't like his cameo in post-Superstorm Sandy ads.
One in four Americans is satisfied with the direction of the country, a dismal outlook that is actually 7 percentage points higher than last year's low of 16 percent during October's government shutdown, according to a new poll.
President Obama will travel to Toluca, Mexico, on Feb. 19 for a meeting with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, the White House announced Monday.
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is no fan of international deal to freeze Iran's nuclear program in exchange for scaled back sanctions on the Islamic republic.
It launched two months late, but the rollout of the Spanish version of the federal Obamacare portal has been just as disastrous as its English counterpart's October debut.
The Kentucky GOP wants federal prosecutors to investigate claims by Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ed Marksberry that he was offered favors from high-profile party contender Alison Lundergan Grimes to drop out of the race.
Sen. John Barrasso said Monday the Senate needs to pass an Obamacare security bill like the one that made it through the House last week with the support of 67 Democrats.
A top New Jersey Democrat will issue subpoenas as early as Monday to delve into the actors and motives behind the dubious "traffic study" at the base of the George Washington Bridge that is threatening Gov. Chris Christie's political future.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell praised former Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon Saturday as one of that nation's greatest citizens.
Most voters in New Jersey say they don't buy New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's assertion that he had no knowledge of the George Washington Bridge scandal — and add if it is proven that the Republican lied, then he should step down, a Rasmussen Reports poll reported.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Inside Politics Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks