- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
The Washington Times' political blog.
Congressman James P. Moran plans to retire at the end of the year after representing northern Virginia on Capitol Hill for more than 20 years.
More than 9 out of 10 New Jersey voters have read or heard something about the George Washington Bridge scandal that's implicated members of Gov. Chris Christie's staff, a new poll finds.
A group financed by the conservative billionaire Koch brothers is launching a major attack ad campaign opposing two Democratic candidates for Senate who support ObamaCare and praising a Republican candidate for his opposition to the law.
Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates thinks Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor who leaked a trove of data on U.S. spying programs, is a "traitor" who acted outside the bounds of what's acceptable.
A new poll says New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's reputation has taken a "slight hit" from revelations that staff members ordered the closure of George Washington Bridge toll lanes, causing mass gridlock, but "many appear willing to give him the benefit of the doubt."
House leaders on both sides of the aisle said Tuesday that Congress should not rush to pass new laws in the wake of a West Virginia chemical spill last week that left more than 300,000 without water.
Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona has filed a bill that would allow everyone to purchase catastrophic health plans instead of more expensive coverage on state-based Obamacare markets.
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will deliver the keynote address at the National Republican Congressional Committee's annual dinner in March, officials said Tuesday.
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin said Tuesday it is time to get serious about heroin addiction in his state, a burgeoning problem that he says cannot be fixed through mass arrests.
Sen. Ted Cruz, an outspoken freshman who may launch a 2016 presidential bid, is planning to renounce his Canadian citizenship soon, his office said
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is awash in turmoil because members of his inner circle caused gridlock in a town near the George Washington Bridge and some Democrats didn't like his cameo in post-Superstorm Sandy ads.
One in four Americans is satisfied with the direction of the country, a dismal outlook that is actually 7 percentage points higher than last year's low of 16 percent during October's government shutdown, according to a new poll.
President Obama will travel to Toluca, Mexico, on Feb. 19 for a meeting with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, the White House announced Monday.
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is no fan of international deal to freeze Iran's nuclear program in exchange for scaled back sanctions on the Islamic republic.
It launched two months late, but the rollout of the Spanish version of the federal Obamacare portal has been just as disastrous as its English counterpart's October debut.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine