- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
The Washington Times' political blog.
Janet Yellen, President Obama's nominee to be the next chairwoman of the Federal Reserve Bank, picked up a key Republican endorsement Wednesday as Senate Banking Committee member Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee said he would vote to confirm her.
George Prescott Bush, the nephew and grandson of former Presidents George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush, respectively, has officially filed to run for Texas land commissioner.
by | Published November 20, 2013 Comments
Sen. Ted Cruz, Texas Republican, got into a somewhat tense exchange with CNN host Chris Cuomo on Wednesday morning after Mr. Cuomo accused Mr. Cruz of supporting a repeal of President Obama's health care overhaul without offering specific alternatives to help fix the country's health care problem.
Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday he will support Sen. Kristen Gillibrand's proposal to change the way sexual assaults are prosecuted in the military, going against the views of others in his party, including Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin.
The White House on Tuesday continued its step-by-step push to expand the Medicaid health program in all 50 states under Obamacare, this time leaning on Republican leaders in South Carolina to extend coverage to 198,000 more residents by 2016.
A woman who was cited by President Obama last month at the White House as an Obamacare success story now says she can't afford coverage because her state health care exchange gave her incorrect information.
A new poll shows that a majority of the public thinks President Obama's health care law is "fundamentally flawed" — but that a minority wants to see it fully repealed.
Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, said Tuesday that a bad deal on Iranian's nuclear program will lead to full-fledged war.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says the indelible scenes of protesters crowding the Wisconsin state Capitol are only part of story in the pushback he has faced over the past several years after quickly moving to curb the collective bargaining power of public workers.
After weeks of partisan sniping on Capitol Hill, a key House Republican said Monday he will take his investigation of Obamacare's problems on the road.
by | Published November 18, 2013 Comments
Despite Obamacare's recent stumbles, the White House on Monday called on officials in yet another state — this time Maine — to expand Medicaid coverage to thousands of low-income residents.
by Kellan Howell | Published November 18, 2013 Comments
The federal government is seeking a refund of $3.2 million from Ohio for exceeding the allowable Child Care Development Fund.
Nearly six in 10 likely voters now view President Obama's health care law unfavorably — the highest level since early January — according to a new poll from Rasmussen.
Sen. Bernie Sanders, Vermont independent, says anybody who really wants to be president is "slightly crazy" — but that he would be open to a run in 2016 if a suitably progressive candidate does not emerge.
Louisiana businessman Vance McAllister, who scored an upset victory over GOP state Sen. Neil Riser in a special election this weekend to replace GOP Rep. Rodney Alexander, got another surprise after his shocking win — an in-person visit from Willie Robertson, the star of A&E's "Duck Dynasty."
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014