If this was always just an argument among rich folks on how to give away and divide up money, it is also about hard hearts and selfishness, the pragmatic over the romantic.\ \ It is possible to remember those in-between years, after Tom Watson and before Woods, reigned over by assorted ciphers and the inadequate Greg Norman, when tournaments such as The International were dedicated to the game and the tour was properly grateful for all support.\ \ If golf is Woods and Woods is golf, that’s a whole lot of eggs in one basket, and even the season-summing and gimmicky FedExCup will matter only as long as it matters to Woods, or as long as Woods wins it.\ \ Whatever Woods’ tournament becomes, if it gets storied Congressional as its more or less permanent home as Woods wishes, or if Woods decides he wants his own event on his own course from scratch, there will always be carcasses on the footpath.\ \ And not to gloat or rub it in, but Woods shot 3-over par in the first round Thursday, and if he isn’t careful, he could miss the cut in his own first tournament.\ \ Seems only fair.Rocky Mountain NewsQuiet summer at Castle PinesPlayers praise new event while professing love for oldJohn Taylor
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Meanwhile, back in Denver. ...
puts the blame on Woods in his latest column
About the Author
blog comments powered by Disqus
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global