If this was always just an argument among rich folks on how to give away and divide up money, it is also about hard hearts and selfishness, the pragmatic over the romantic.\ \ It is possible to remember those in-between years, after Tom Watson and before Woods, reigned over by assorted ciphers and the inadequate Greg Norman, when tournaments such as The International were dedicated to the game and the tour was properly grateful for all support.\ \ If golf is Woods and Woods is golf, that’s a whole lot of eggs in one basket, and even the season-summing and gimmicky FedExCup will matter only as long as it matters to Woods, or as long as Woods wins it.\ \ Whatever Woods’ tournament becomes, if it gets storied Congressional as its more or less permanent home as Woods wishes, or if Woods decides he wants his own event on his own course from scratch, there will always be carcasses on the footpath.\ \ And not to gloat or rub it in, but Woods shot 3-over par in the first round Thursday, and if he isn’t careful, he could miss the cut in his own first tournament.\ \ Seems only fair.Rocky Mountain NewsQuiet summer at Castle PinesPlayers praise new event while professing love for oldJohn Taylor
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
Meanwhile, back in Denver. ...
puts the blame on Woods in his latest column
About the Author
blog comments powered by Disqus
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'