House Minority Leader John Boehner used the White House online suggestion box to ask President Obama to support a 72-hour review period for spending bills, Politico is reporting.
And Beohner’s suggestion has gotten more votes than any of the other online ideas. Close behind Boehner’s is a suggestion calling for an end to Obama’s “imperial presidency.”
I’ll bet there are quite a few Republican ideas in the White House’s suggestion box:
1. Don’t rely on TelePrompters so much. Just wing it sometimes.
2. Keep your shirt on.
3. Change the name of the party to the Socialist Democratic Party.
4. Don’t accept any more defectors from the GOP. Say that you’ve reached your quota.
5. Take Joe Biden out for burgers again, but this time ask for freedom fries. With Grey Poupon, of course.
6. Give David Axelrod the nickname “the Architect,” but make it a reference to “The Matrix Reloaded.”
7. Trip, stumble, bump your head — do something clumsily!
8. Keep your shirt on.