- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rich Campbell covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Times.
The Washington Redskins outside linebacker, who last played in the NFL's annual all-star game after the 2010 season, finished with 10 sacks and 60 tackles in 2013.
Hilliard, 37, completed his 12-year playing career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2005 through 2008, when coach Jay Gruden was an offensive assistant.
The running back has been selected to play in the Pro Bowl after originally being named as an alternate for the annual all-star game.
Wes Phillips, the son of longtime NFL coach and defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, has been hired by the Redskins as their tight end coach, the team confirmed Friday.
Olivadotti, who spent 11 years with the Redskins in a variety of roles, will return to the team as its inside linebackers coach, it announced Thursday.
The Ravens interviewed Kyle Shanahan for their vacant offensive coordinator position at some point this week, marking his second known interview since being fired by the Redskins on Dec. 30.
Kotwica, who spent seven years in the Army after graduating from West Point in 1997, has been named the Redskins' special teams coordinator, a team spokesman confirmed.
The Redskins announced Wednesday they have hired Brian Baker, formerly of the Browns, to serve as their outside linebackers coach.
McVay's promotion from tight ends coach to offensive coordinator for the Redskins became official on Tuesday when he agreed to a contract to serve in that role under new coach Jay Gruden.
The tight end was named to the Pro Football Writers of America's annual all-rookie team after a season in which he set team records for receptions and receiving yards by a rookie tight end.
The Dolphins interviewed former Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan for the same position on Friday, the team announced.
The Buccaneers are interviewing Redskins director of pro personnel Morocco Brown for their vacant general manager opening on Friday, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed.
The process starts all over again now. Redskins coach Jay Gruden, hired on Thursday, may choose to keep holdovers Sean McVay and Jim Haslett as assistant coaches on his 2014 staff, but there will be plenty of new faces for Redskins players to impress. That can be a blessing and a curse.
The Cincinnati Bengals' offensive coordinator became the sixth known candidate to interview for the Redskins' coaching job when he met with team executives Wednesday at Redskins Park.
The quarterback was named the recipient of the Redskins' Ed Block Courage Award, an honor given to one person from each team who displays extraordinary courage in the face of adversity.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
Redskins Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops