- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Rich Campbell covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Times.
Lorenzo Alexander didn't want to leave the Redskins, but the Arizona Cardinals offered him two things he couldn't refuse: $1.6 million more in guaranteed money and a chance to start at linebacker.
Alexander, a six-year veteran, was the Redskins' special teams co-captain.
Blacken previously was with the Redskins from 1996-2000 and in 2010.
Meriweather showed promise when healthy but tore the ACL in his right knee on Nov. 18.
Re-signing Golston ensures the entire defensive line from last season's division championship team is under contract for 2013.
Rocca, 39, averaged a career-high 43.9 yards per punt last season, which ranked 25th in the NFL.
What I’m thinking about free agency, coach Mike Shanahan's approach to team building, the Redskins' decision to re-sign players, and more as we count down to the start of the 2013 NFL league year.
Moss led the team with eight touchdown catches last season. Before Moss restructured the final year of his contract, he was scheduled to count $6.2 million against the Redskins' penalty-reduced salary cap.
Griffin is targeting the first game of the regular season to return from surgery to revise the ACL reconstruction and repair the torn lateral collateral ligament and meniscus in his right knee.
The Redskins were believed to be at least $8 million over the cap after agreeing to terms over the weekend with five of their free agents and tendering a qualifying offer Monday to restricted free agent nose tackle Chris Baker.
Baker is free to negotiate with other teams, but the Redskins can match any offer. Banks will not be re-signed.
Sundberg has been a reliably accurate snapper since joining the Redskins in 2010. He made headlines last season when he played through a broken left arm in the Redskins’ season-opening victory over New Orleans.
Coach Mike Shanahan values Lichtensteiger's athleticism, especially in the screen game. At 6-2, 284 pounds, he is agile and moves well in space - ideal qualities for the zone blocking scheme.
Because Jackson is behind first-stringer Brian Orakpo, a former first-round pick, on the depth chart, a one-year deal would free him to seek more playing time next offseason.
When the Redskins negotiated tight end Logan Paulsen's new three-year contract, they told him they project him to continue as Fred Davis' backup
Redskins Watch Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- KNIGHT: Can the ACLU force Catholic hospitals to perform abortions?
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics