- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Rich Campbell covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Times.
Continuing their search for a new coach, the Redskins reached out to several NFL coordinators on Monday morning to line up interviews at some point in the coming days.
The Baltimore Ravens' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, interviewed for the Redskins' open coaching position on Sunday at Redskins Park, a team spokesman confirmed Sunday evening.
The Redskins' general manager is interviewing the Panthers' defensive coordinator for the team's vacant coaching position, marking the third known interview set up by the team in its quest to replace Mike Shanahan.
The coach released a statement on the university's athletics web site Friday afternoon, professing his desire to remain at Baylor even as rumors have linked him to the coaching openings at Texas and with the Redskins.
The running back, who joined the Redskins' practice squad in November, was among four practice squad players whose rights were retained by the team heading into next season.
Bevell's and McDermott's teams are currently in the playoffs, but because each has a first-round bye, they will be permitted to interview for coaching jobs through Jan. 5. After that, they may not interview until their team's postseason has ended.
The outside linebacker will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee next week to repair a torn lateral meniscus he sustained in the Redskins' Week 3 loss to the Detroit Lions.
Many players have voiced support for the coach in recent weeks, and after the Redskins played their final game on Sunday - one that could have been Shanahan's last with the team - they continued to do so.
Brian Orakpo will not play for the Redskins on Sunday after sustaining a groin injury a week ago, while Morgan has apparently been benched for his poor play.
Stats and other notes in advance of the Redskins' game against the Giants on Sunday afternoon - the last of the season.
The left tackle was the only player selected to represent the Redskins in the Pro Bowl in January, which, for the first time, will not pit the two conferences against each other but instead include a fantasy sports-style draft between honorary captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders.
The outside linebacker will be a game-time decision on Sunday when the Redskins play the Giants in the final game of the season.
The outside linebacker did not participate in the Redskins' practice on Thursday because of a strained right groin, though coach Mike Shanahan said a decision has not been made as to whether he would play Sunday against the New York Giants.
The outside linebacker was limited in practice after straining his groin muscle in the Redskins' loss to the Cowboys on Sunday, but he said it's too early in the week to determine whether he'll play in the team's finale against the Giants.
Redskins fullback Darrel Young is the lone player listed as questionable on the team's injury report for Sunday's game at FedEx Field against the Dallas Cowboys.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Redskins Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers