- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rich Campbell covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Times.
Continuing their search for a new coach, the Redskins reached out to several NFL coordinators on Monday morning to line up interviews at some point in the coming days.
The Baltimore Ravens' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, interviewed for the Redskins' open coaching position on Sunday at Redskins Park, a team spokesman confirmed Sunday evening.
The Redskins' general manager is interviewing the Panthers' defensive coordinator for the team's vacant coaching position, marking the third known interview set up by the team in its quest to replace Mike Shanahan.
The coach released a statement on the university's athletics web site Friday afternoon, professing his desire to remain at Baylor even as rumors have linked him to the coaching openings at Texas and with the Redskins.
The running back, who joined the Redskins' practice squad in November, was among four practice squad players whose rights were retained by the team heading into next season.
Bevell's and McDermott's teams are currently in the playoffs, but because each has a first-round bye, they will be permitted to interview for coaching jobs through Jan. 5. After that, they may not interview until their team's postseason has ended.
The outside linebacker will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee next week to repair a torn lateral meniscus he sustained in the Redskins' Week 3 loss to the Detroit Lions.
Many players have voiced support for the coach in recent weeks, and after the Redskins played their final game on Sunday - one that could have been Shanahan's last with the team - they continued to do so.
Brian Orakpo will not play for the Redskins on Sunday after sustaining a groin injury a week ago, while Morgan has apparently been benched for his poor play.
Stats and other notes in advance of the Redskins' game against the Giants on Sunday afternoon - the last of the season.
The left tackle was the only player selected to represent the Redskins in the Pro Bowl in January, which, for the first time, will not pit the two conferences against each other but instead include a fantasy sports-style draft between honorary captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders.
The outside linebacker will be a game-time decision on Sunday when the Redskins play the Giants in the final game of the season.
The outside linebacker did not participate in the Redskins' practice on Thursday because of a strained right groin, though coach Mike Shanahan said a decision has not been made as to whether he would play Sunday against the New York Giants.
The outside linebacker was limited in practice after straining his groin muscle in the Redskins' loss to the Cowboys on Sunday, but he said it's too early in the week to determine whether he'll play in the team's finale against the Giants.
Redskins fullback Darrel Young is the lone player listed as questionable on the team's injury report for Sunday's game at FedEx Field against the Dallas Cowboys.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
Redskins Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops