- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
- Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot, on prison life: ‘I’m way less stressed in jail’
- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
- Kabul airport hit by suicide bomber who targeted NATO gate
- Space probe on course to land on mile-wide comet
- New budget accord saves $23 billion — after $65 billion spending spree
Rich Campbell covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Times.
First, a key question: Do the Redskins have veteran leaders capable of holding their team together, of maybe even saving their coaches' jobs, over these final six games?
Williams said umpire Roy Ellison directed comments at him during the Redskins' final drive of the second quarter.
Morgan, who led the Redskins with 48 receptions last season, will be replaced by Williams, an undrafted rookie making his debut, as the team's punt returner.
Chris Baker was fined by the league this week for a late hit on Adrian Peterson in the Washington Redskins’ 34-27 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 7, according to a person familiar with the matter.
The two players were added to the injury report on Thursday after they were held out of portions of that day's practice with different ailments.
The injured wide receiver said he’s trying to remain positive despite sustaining a season-ending shoulder injury during the preseason.
The Redskins prepared all summer for it. They were ready. Or so they thought. Instead, the season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles quickly turned into a nightmare. Can they figure out a way to stop Philadelphia's up tempo offense this week?
Offensive lineman Maurice Hurt practiced for the first time this season following May knee surgery. No update on Adam Carriker. The Redskins enter this weekend's game at Philadelphia in continued good health. The injury report put out on Wednesday after practice listed no players limited or out.
Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan has just one year left on the original five-year deal for $35 million he signed with the organization early in 2010. But the possibility of missing the postseason for the third time in his first four years in Washington has not yet forced him to contemplate his status.
Recently promoted from the practice squad, Nick Williams remains unsure if he'll take over as the Redskins' primary return specialist on Sunday when they play the Eagles on the road.
Fred Davis expressed his displeasure with losing out on a $500,000 roster bonus by being inactive for the Redskins’ game against the Vikings last Thursday.
Some thoughts and observations after reviewing the Redskins' 34-27 road loss to the Vikings on Thursday.
The Redskins will sign wide receiver/return specialist Nick Williams off their practice squad after placing running back Chris Thompson on injured reserve.
One recurring trend in blown leads to Denver, San Diego and Minnesota the last three weeks has been the lack of a consistent pass rush from the Redskins.
Not all 3-6 records are created equal. Last season, the Redskins came out of their bye week convinced they could still make a run at an NFC East title and a playoff spot. They believed it and made it happen. This season the vibe is different. It's more a hope that a run can happen than a belief it will. The results in recent weeks haven't been encouraging enough – the latest a 34-27 loss at Minnesota.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Redskins Watch Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $15 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- LAMBRO: The dark lining to the silver cloud of Obamanomics