- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
Rich Campbell covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Times.
The rookie tight end will not play again this season and will eventually be placed on injured reserve after a concussion specialist in Pittsburgh recommended he not practice, let alone play, during the next few weeks.
The Redskins' offensive coordinator said Thursday it's not his decision as to whether he'll remain with the team past this season, but he refuted a report that he wants to distance himself from his father, coach Mike Shanahan.
Several players and coaches reacted Wednesday to the announcement by the inside linebacker that he is likely to retire following the season.
The Redskins claimed center J.D. Walton, who played with quarterback Robert Griffin III at Baylor, off waivers on Wednesday and waived wide receiver Lance Lewis.
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and quarterback Robert Griffin III each publicly denied the latest national report that negatively portrayed Griffin and his father.
Redskins tight end Jordan Reed will see another independent neurologist on Thursday to assess his lingering concussion symptoms.
Redskins linebacker London Fletcher, who announced his impending retirement on Wednesday, also endorsed the return of coach Mike Shanahan. Multiple media reports in recent weeks have described a rift between Shanahan and Washington owner Dan Snyder. All Shanahan will say is that the two men will meet after the season and determine the next course of action. Shanahan has one year left on the five-year contract he signed in 2010.
Griffin will remain the Redskins' starting quarterback, coach Mike Shanahan emphasized Monday, despite Cousins' performance in a road loss to the Falcons a day before.
The Redskins' coach said Monday he is not planning on resigning following the season, which has been one of his least successful in this 19 years as a coach in the league.
It is an issue Rex Grossman has faced before in his career. He knew better than anyone at the Georgia Dome on Sunday afternoon what Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins was about to experience. Grossman himself hasn't taken a snap in the NFL since 2011, spending the past two years as the deactivated caddy to starter Robert Griffin III and Cousins, Washington's two quarterback draft picks in 2012.
The quarterback, shut down by the Redskins on Wednesday, will be unable to play even in the case of an injury to starter Kirk Cousins or Rex Grossman.
Kirk Cousins will make his first start of the season for the Redskins on Sunday as they face the Falcons in a road game at the Georgia Dome.
The quarterback, set to make his first start of the season for the Redskins on Sunday in a road game against the Falcons, said he's prepared for something he's been looking forward to for months.
After missing three consecutive days of practice this week, the tight end will be listed as questionable by the Redskins on their injury report heading into Sunday's game against the Falcons.
The tight end was again absent from the Redskins' practice on Thursday, though coach Mike Shanahan said the team has not yet made a decision as to whether he will be shut down for the rest of the year with lingering concussion symptoms.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Redskins Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public