- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Rich Campbell covers the Washington Redskins for The Washington Times.
The rookie tight end will not play again this season and will eventually be placed on injured reserve after a concussion specialist in Pittsburgh recommended he not practice, let alone play, during the next few weeks.
The Redskins' offensive coordinator said Thursday it's not his decision as to whether he'll remain with the team past this season, but he refuted a report that he wants to distance himself from his father, coach Mike Shanahan.
Several players and coaches reacted Wednesday to the announcement by the inside linebacker that he is likely to retire following the season.
The Redskins claimed center J.D. Walton, who played with quarterback Robert Griffin III at Baylor, off waivers on Wednesday and waived wide receiver Lance Lewis.
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and quarterback Robert Griffin III each publicly denied the latest national report that negatively portrayed Griffin and his father.
Redskins tight end Jordan Reed will see another independent neurologist on Thursday to assess his lingering concussion symptoms.
Redskins linebacker London Fletcher, who announced his impending retirement on Wednesday, also endorsed the return of coach Mike Shanahan. Multiple media reports in recent weeks have described a rift between Shanahan and Washington owner Dan Snyder. All Shanahan will say is that the two men will meet after the season and determine the next course of action. Shanahan has one year left on the five-year contract he signed in 2010.
Griffin will remain the Redskins' starting quarterback, coach Mike Shanahan emphasized Monday, despite Cousins' performance in a road loss to the Falcons a day before.
The Redskins' coach said Monday he is not planning on resigning following the season, which has been one of his least successful in this 19 years as a coach in the league.
It is an issue Rex Grossman has faced before in his career. He knew better than anyone at the Georgia Dome on Sunday afternoon what Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins was about to experience. Grossman himself hasn't taken a snap in the NFL since 2011, spending the past two years as the deactivated caddy to starter Robert Griffin III and Cousins, Washington's two quarterback draft picks in 2012.
The quarterback, shut down by the Redskins on Wednesday, will be unable to play even in the case of an injury to starter Kirk Cousins or Rex Grossman.
Kirk Cousins will make his first start of the season for the Redskins on Sunday as they face the Falcons in a road game at the Georgia Dome.
The quarterback, set to make his first start of the season for the Redskins on Sunday in a road game against the Falcons, said he's prepared for something he's been looking forward to for months.
After missing three consecutive days of practice this week, the tight end will be listed as questionable by the Redskins on their injury report heading into Sunday's game against the Falcons.
The tight end was again absent from the Redskins' practice on Thursday, though coach Mike Shanahan said the team has not yet made a decision as to whether he will be shut down for the rest of the year with lingering concussion symptoms.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Redskins Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee