Well, this hasn’t been annnounced yet on the official NFL Network television show, and it hasn’t been officially released by the Redskins, but the team site and the official team blog already has the info, so I guess that’s as semi-official as you can get.
The Redskins have four Pro Bowlers suiting up for the NFC:
- Running back Clinton Portis
- Tight end Chris Cooley
- Tackle Chris Samuels
- Fullback Mike Sellers (update: he’s a starter)
Also some alternates:
- Safety LaRon Landry (first alternate)
- Linebacker London Fletcher (second alternate)
- Guard Randy Thomas (second alternate)
- Receiver Santana Moss (third alternate)
You read that right: The NFC’s second-worst scoring offense — 16.5 points a game — has four players on the Pro Bowl team and two more waiting in the wings as alternates.