Finally, after nearly two months of sweltering heat, the Washington Redskins experienced football weather on Sunday.
- Chris Cooley might be a future option at punter if things don’t work out with Ryan Plackemeier. Last year at the Metrodome, Cooley boomed punts of more than 50 yards. But from midfield on Sunday, the elements won — Cooley’s best put was in the 35-yard range.
- The Redskins are taking this Pro Bowl voting thing way too seriously. Last week, Hall of Famers Sonny Jurgensen and Sam Huff took the pictures and shot the commercial messages urging fans to vote several Redskins into the Pro Bowl. And Sunday in the press box, team officials had hung large signs about the campaign and provided each writer with a folder full of information that included a button and bumper sticker.
- Jason Campbell started his pregame throwing routine at 2:40 p.m. Two minutes later, veteran Browns punter Dave Zastudil hit the field as the first player in full uniform.
- This may be a first, at least in the past several years. In section 107 during warmups, a fan wore a Ricky Ervins No. 32 jersey.
- Throughout the 2 p.m. hour, Scrib could hear the cheers from the concourses every time something went wrong for Dallas in its loss at St. Louis.
- Ryan O’Halloran