Evidently there isn’t a workout room in the bowels of FedEx Field. Around 10:45 a.m. Sunday, two Redskins personnel were running the stadium stairs in the lower level. Then again, the Redskins are cutting costs — it wasn’t until late in the week that there was somebody manning the security gate at Redskin Park, preventing fans from driving into the parking lot and asking reporters, “Can we watch practice?”
* The fans who decided to attend seemed to find their seats earlier than last Sunday when the brutal heat and humidity had fans dreading to sit in the sun.
* The fans were also a feisty bunch. They booed Durant Brooks on his first punt (a 35-yard effort) and booed Antwaan Randle El after his first punt return (6 yards).
* Right tackle Jon Jansen returned to a playing role when Stephon Heyer exited with a shoulder injury. Not sure anybody noticed though. Jansen ran out for the second half.
* Rookie receiver Devin Thomas accomplished the rare double in the first half: Two offensive pass interference penalties.
* Double-take off the day was spotting a Jeff George No. 3 Redskins jersey. Now that’s dedication. The guy was in burgundy for what, two hours, earlier this decade?
* The stadium was like a morgue before the third quarter started. Some kind of NFL Films music was playing, hardly any highlights of the first half (or other NFL games) were on the ancient big screen. And the upper deck? Looked like most of those folks opted for the Beltway over football.