It was a marathon post practice session here at Redskin Park and here are some news and notes following the 90-minute practice.
* RB Rock Cartwright (groin) and CB Carlos Rogers (calf) ruled themselves out for the Patriots game. OT Mike Williams (ankle) remains questionable.
Coach Jim Zorn isn’t concerned that Cartwright and Rogers will become a long-term issue, but Rogers didn’t sound like a guy who will play next week against Jacksonville.
“It’s going to be determined by how it feels,” he said. “If not, I’ll have more time to rest and get ready to play New York.”
* QB Todd Collins has won the No. 2 job but he won’t play against the Patriots. Jason Campbell will take a half and Zorn said Colt Brennan and Chase Daniel will play in the second half.
* LB Chris Wilson has made enough of an impression that defensive coordinator Greg Blache said he will be on the 53-man roster.
“He’s done a good job,” Blache said. “He’s adjusting to it as far as being able to play off the ball. He still has some work to do with his eyes. He’s got a tendency to peak back at the quarterback too much but when he keeps his eyes on his work, he’s done a pretty good job for us and I think he’ll make the fb team and add some depth for us.”
* Without Cartwright at kick returner, Devin Thomas took some reps. According to special teams coach Danny Smith, the group of available returners will be Dominque Dorsey, Anthony Alridge, Keith Eloi, Marcus Mason and Thomas.
* Campbell on what would constitute a success Friday: “Just go out and execute. We of course want to score points but the thing for us is to get into a rhythm.”
* Agent Drew Rosenhaus, who represents eight Redskins, watched practice but was gone by the time the media was allowed back onto the field.
- Ryan O’Halloran