- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Screen Play Archive: August 2013
The NFL and more than 4,500 former players suing over head injuries reached a settlement Thursday, according to federal court records. The settlement amount is $765 million, as identified in the order from Judge Anita Brody in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia. Published August 29 2013
Last week, the family of late Frostburg State football player Derek Sheely sued the NCAA, two of the university's coaches and others after he sustained a fatal brain injury during practice in August 2011. Here's a copy of the complaint filed in Montgomery County Circuit Court that alleges a disturbing series of events leading to Sheely's death. Published August 26 2013
The long-running lawsuit accusing the NCAA of not doing enough to protect athletes against head injuries has been stayed pending mediation and settlement discussions, according to federal court records. Published August 19 2013
The trial of the alleged gunman in the killing of Redskins star Sean Taylor has been postponed again. Originally scheduled to begin Aug. 12 in Miami-Dade Circuit Court, Eric Rivera's trial has been rescheduled for Sept. 16. Published August 5 2013
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws