- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
United Watch Archive: January 2013
After taking D.C. United from the MLS cellar to within a game of the league title match, coach Ben Olsen on Thursday got a vote of confidence from the front office, which exercised the option year on his contract a season ahead of schedule. Published January 31 2013
Andy Najar on Wednesday became the first homegrown player in MLS history to earn a transfer abroad, completing a meteoric journey that in three years took him from D.C. United's youth academy to Belgian champion RSC Anderlecht. Published January 30 2013
D.C. United took advantage of Chivas USA's ongoing roster overhaul under new coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola, acquiring forward Casey Townsend, the No. 5 overall pick in last year's SuperDraft, on Friday for a mere second-round selection in 2014. Published January 25 2013
D.C. United co-owner Erick Thohir's influence extended directly to the team's personnel Friday, with the club's signing of 20-year-old Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan from Belgian side C.S. Vise. Published January 25 2013
Turning a longtime relationship between D.C. United and the Richmond Kickers into an official bond, the clubs Thursday announced their affiliation as part of a multiyear deal between MLS and third-tier USL Pro. Published January 24 2013
D.C. United on Thursday filled a key need and added some local talent at the same time, taking University of Maryland left back Taylor Kemp in the first round of the MLS SuperDraft. Published January 17 2013
D.C. United on Monday signed 16-year-old forward Michael Seaton to a first-team contract, adding the Capitol Heights resident to the club's already-impressive homegrown player corps. Published January 14 2013
MLS on Wednesday released its full 2013 schedule, with D.C. United set to play 12 times on national television, including two matches on NBC: March 16 at New York, and the season finale Oct. 27 against Houston at RFK Stadium. Published January 9 2013
D.C. United on Wednesday confirmed the acquisition of striker Rafael on loan from Brazilian side Esporte Clube Bahia, with the 20-year-old somewhat surprisingly joining the club as a highly priced "designated player" signing. Published January 9 2013
D.C. United defender-midfielder Andy Najar, a Honduran Olympic veteran, will go on loan to Belgian side RSC Anderlecht through the end of January, the MLS club announced Monday. Published January 7 2013
After a nearly yearlong absence, D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid is back with the U.S. national team. Published January 6 2013
While barely a month has passed since the Los Angeles Galaxy claimed MLS Cup, the SuperDraft and first day of preseason now are just two weeks away. On Thursday, D.C. United unveiled their full preseason schedule. Published January 3 2013
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response