- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
Thomas Floyd covers D.C. United for The Washington Times.
Poised to kick off the 2013 campaign at the Houston Dynamo on Saturday with a starting 11 comprised of holdovers, D.C. United saw that plan thrown askew by the news early Friday that captain Dwayne De Rosario will be suspended for two games after head-butting Philadelphia midfielder Danny Cruz during a preseason game last weekend in Orlando, Fla.
With the MLS season four days away, D.C. United on Tuesday reinforced their depth with the acquisition of midfielder Marcos Sanchez on loan from Panamanian club Tauro FC.
In acquiring Guatemalan veteran Carlos Ruiz via the league allocation process, United bolstered their forward corps with a player boasting 88 MLS goals in eight seasons with the Los Angeles Galaxy, FC Dallas, Toronto FC and the Philadelphia Union.
Finding a proven replacement for the departed Andy Najar, D.C. United on Thursday acquired right back James Riley from Chivas USA for a second-round supplemental draft pick.
After taking D.C. United from the MLS cellar to within a game of the league title match, coach Ben Olsen on Thursday got a vote of confidence from the front office, which exercised the option year on his contract a season ahead of schedule.
Andy Najar on Wednesday became the first homegrown player in MLS history to earn a transfer abroad, completing a meteoric journey that in three years took him from D.C. United's youth academy to Belgian champion RSC Anderlecht.
D.C. United took advantage of Chivas USA's ongoing roster overhaul under new coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola, acquiring forward Casey Townsend, the No. 5 overall pick in last year's SuperDraft, on Friday for a mere second-round selection in 2014.
D.C. United co-owner Erick Thohir's influence extended directly to the team's personnel Friday, with the club's signing of 20-year-old Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan from Belgian side C.S. Vise.
Turning a longtime relationship between D.C. United and the Richmond Kickers into an official bond, the clubs Thursday announced their affiliation as part of a multiyear deal between MLS and third-tier USL Pro.
D.C. United on Thursday filled a key need and added some local talent at the same time, taking University of Maryland left back Taylor Kemp in the first round of the MLS SuperDraft.
By — Published January 14, 2013 Comments
D.C. United on Monday signed 16-year-old forward Michael Seaton to a first-team contract, adding the Capitol Heights resident to the club's already-impressive homegrown player corps.
MLS on Wednesday released its full 2013 schedule, with D.C. United set to play 12 times on national television, including two matches on NBC: March 16 at New York, and the season finale Oct. 27 against Houston at RFK Stadium.
D.C. United on Wednesday confirmed the acquisition of striker Rafael on loan from Brazilian side Esporte Clube Bahia, with the 20-year-old somewhat surprisingly joining the club as a highly priced "designated player" signing.
D.C. United defender-midfielder Andy Najar, a Honduran Olympic veteran, will go on loan to Belgian side RSC Anderlecht through the end of January, the MLS club announced Monday.
After a nearly yearlong absence, D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid is back with the U.S. national team.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
United Watch Archives
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets