- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
Thomas Floyd covers D.C. United for The Washington Times.
Poised to kick off the 2013 campaign at the Houston Dynamo on Saturday with a starting 11 comprised of holdovers, D.C. United saw that plan thrown askew by the news early Friday that captain Dwayne De Rosario will be suspended for two games after head-butting Philadelphia midfielder Danny Cruz during a preseason game last weekend in Orlando, Fla.
With the MLS season four days away, D.C. United on Tuesday reinforced their depth with the acquisition of midfielder Marcos Sanchez on loan from Panamanian club Tauro FC.
In acquiring Guatemalan veteran Carlos Ruiz via the league allocation process, United bolstered their forward corps with a player boasting 88 MLS goals in eight seasons with the Los Angeles Galaxy, FC Dallas, Toronto FC and the Philadelphia Union.
Finding a proven replacement for the departed Andy Najar, D.C. United on Thursday acquired right back James Riley from Chivas USA for a second-round supplemental draft pick.
After taking D.C. United from the MLS cellar to within a game of the league title match, coach Ben Olsen on Thursday got a vote of confidence from the front office, which exercised the option year on his contract a season ahead of schedule.
Andy Najar on Wednesday became the first homegrown player in MLS history to earn a transfer abroad, completing a meteoric journey that in three years took him from D.C. United's youth academy to Belgian champion RSC Anderlecht.
D.C. United took advantage of Chivas USA's ongoing roster overhaul under new coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola, acquiring forward Casey Townsend, the No. 5 overall pick in last year's SuperDraft, on Friday for a mere second-round selection in 2014.
D.C. United co-owner Erick Thohir's influence extended directly to the team's personnel Friday, with the club's signing of 20-year-old Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan from Belgian side C.S. Vise.
Turning a longtime relationship between D.C. United and the Richmond Kickers into an official bond, the clubs Thursday announced their affiliation as part of a multiyear deal between MLS and third-tier USL Pro.
D.C. United on Thursday filled a key need and added some local talent at the same time, taking University of Maryland left back Taylor Kemp in the first round of the MLS SuperDraft.
By — Published January 14, 2013 Comments
D.C. United on Monday signed 16-year-old forward Michael Seaton to a first-team contract, adding the Capitol Heights resident to the club's already-impressive homegrown player corps.
MLS on Wednesday released its full 2013 schedule, with D.C. United set to play 12 times on national television, including two matches on NBC: March 16 at New York, and the season finale Oct. 27 against Houston at RFK Stadium.
D.C. United on Wednesday confirmed the acquisition of striker Rafael on loan from Brazilian side Esporte Clube Bahia, with the 20-year-old somewhat surprisingly joining the club as a highly priced "designated player" signing.
D.C. United defender-midfielder Andy Najar, a Honduran Olympic veteran, will go on loan to Belgian side RSC Anderlecht through the end of January, the MLS club announced Monday.
After a nearly yearlong absence, D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid is back with the U.S. national team.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
United Watch Archives
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'