- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Thomas Floyd covers D.C. United for The Washington Times.
Poised to kick off the 2013 campaign at the Houston Dynamo on Saturday with a starting 11 comprised of holdovers, D.C. United saw that plan thrown askew by the news early Friday that captain Dwayne De Rosario will be suspended for two games after head-butting Philadelphia midfielder Danny Cruz during a preseason game last weekend in Orlando, Fla.
With the MLS season four days away, D.C. United on Tuesday reinforced their depth with the acquisition of midfielder Marcos Sanchez on loan from Panamanian club Tauro FC.
In acquiring Guatemalan veteran Carlos Ruiz via the league allocation process, United bolstered their forward corps with a player boasting 88 MLS goals in eight seasons with the Los Angeles Galaxy, FC Dallas, Toronto FC and the Philadelphia Union.
Finding a proven replacement for the departed Andy Najar, D.C. United on Thursday acquired right back James Riley from Chivas USA for a second-round supplemental draft pick.
After taking D.C. United from the MLS cellar to within a game of the league title match, coach Ben Olsen on Thursday got a vote of confidence from the front office, which exercised the option year on his contract a season ahead of schedule.
Andy Najar on Wednesday became the first homegrown player in MLS history to earn a transfer abroad, completing a meteoric journey that in three years took him from D.C. United's youth academy to Belgian champion RSC Anderlecht.
D.C. United took advantage of Chivas USA's ongoing roster overhaul under new coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola, acquiring forward Casey Townsend, the No. 5 overall pick in last year's SuperDraft, on Friday for a mere second-round selection in 2014.
D.C. United co-owner Erick Thohir's influence extended directly to the team's personnel Friday, with the club's signing of 20-year-old Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan from Belgian side C.S. Vise.
Turning a longtime relationship between D.C. United and the Richmond Kickers into an official bond, the clubs Thursday announced their affiliation as part of a multiyear deal between MLS and third-tier USL Pro.
D.C. United on Thursday filled a key need and added some local talent at the same time, taking University of Maryland left back Taylor Kemp in the first round of the MLS SuperDraft.
By — Published January 14, 2013 Comments
D.C. United on Monday signed 16-year-old forward Michael Seaton to a first-team contract, adding the Capitol Heights resident to the club's already-impressive homegrown player corps.
MLS on Wednesday released its full 2013 schedule, with D.C. United set to play 12 times on national television, including two matches on NBC: March 16 at New York, and the season finale Oct. 27 against Houston at RFK Stadium.
D.C. United on Wednesday confirmed the acquisition of striker Rafael on loan from Brazilian side Esporte Clube Bahia, with the 20-year-old somewhat surprisingly joining the club as a highly priced "designated player" signing.
D.C. United defender-midfielder Andy Najar, a Honduran Olympic veteran, will go on loan to Belgian side RSC Anderlecht through the end of January, the MLS club announced Monday.
After a nearly yearlong absence, D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid is back with the U.S. national team.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
United Watch Archives
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'