- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Birthdate: March 23, 1969
Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Residence: Lakewood, CA
Ben Campos was born in Los Angeles to Mexican immigrant parents. He grew up in the city of Paramount and now lives in Lakewood.
After high school, Campos enlisted in the Army and completed his service at bases in Kentucky and California. He then earned a bachelor's in accounting from California State University-Long Beach.
He became a certified public accountant and has experience running his own business.
Campos and his wife, Tracy, have four daughters.
Ben Campos advocates for a more limited role for government and a reduction in government spending. He also wants all appropriations bills to be made available to the public via the Internet at least 20 days before they can be considered being made law.
Campos believes that reducing taxes will stimulate economic growth and he advocates for the elimination of the alternative minimum tax.
He favors increasing offshore oil drilling to achieve greater energy independence and create more jobs. He also supports exploring alternative energy sources so long as these do not require government subsidies.
Campos opposes the 2010 health care reform law and says he would vote to repeal it.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do