- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Birthdate: Sept. 24, 1951
Birth Place: Paducah, KY, United States
Residence: Benton, KY
Charles Hatchett was born in the western Kentucky city of Paducah and has lived most of his life in that part of the state. He lives on a small farm.
Hatchett is a real estate broker and auctioneer.
Democrat Charles Hatchett is challenging incumbent Republican Rep. Ed Whitfield for Kentucky's 1st Congressional District seat.
Hatchett proposes moving American Mustang wild horses to western Kentucky, saying on his website that creating a national reservation for the animals in western Kentucky would provide jobs.
"Western states' problem can be our future," he says on his campaign website.
Hatchett also supports creating trade agreements that require foreign laborers to be paid the equivalent of the U.S. minimum wage, saying in speeches the change would spur companies to return to the United States.
He also proposes creating 10-member congressional district councils that would oversee affairs of the district, eliminating the practice of representatives living in Washington, D.C.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch