- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
Residence: Fort Worth, TX
Dave Robinson was born and raised in Massachusetts. He moved to Texas to attend college and now resides in Fort Worth. He received a bachelor's degree and two master's degrees from Texas Christian University.
A retired teacher, Robinson taught government, history and geography in the Fort Worth public school system. He became a school counselor in 2003 until his retirement in 2010. A member and leader in the Texas State Teachers Association since 1985, Robinson works part time for them as a consultant.
From 1968 to 1970, Robinson served in the U.S. Army. He was deployed to Vietnam and was awarded a Bronze Star with a "V" device for heroism in ground combat.
With his wife, Jeannie, Robinson has three stepchildren.
Dave Robinson is running for elected office for the first time in a largely symbolic challenge to veteran U.S. Rep. Kay Granger in Texas' mostly Republican 12th Congressional District.
Robinson became interested in politics while in high school in 1964, when Sen. Barry Goldwater ran for president. Robinson said the last Republican presidential candidate he voted for was Richard Nixon, who promised to bring the troops home from Vietnam, where Robinson was serving at the time. Robinson said he was an independent until then-President Ronald Reagan fired striking air traffic controllers in 1981. Afterward, he became active in the Democratic Party.
Robinson supports the 2010 health care reform bill and a total withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death