- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
Birthdate: Dec. 4, 1954
Birth Place: Skokie, IL, United States
Residence: Roswell, GA
Jeff Kazanow was born in Skokie, Ill., and resides in Roswell, Ga. He received a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in business administration from Michigan State University.
Kazanow, a business consultant, said he works with manufacturers and retailers to streamline their supply chain, improve productivity and reduce costs to make them more competitive. He touts his 35 years of business experience as helping him have an understanding of what drives business growth and profitability.
Kazanow is widowed and has two children.
Jeff Kazanow won the 2012 Democratic primary for the chance to take on U.S. Rep. Tom Price in the November general election for Georgia's 6th Congressional District seat.
Kazanow says creating jobs, reforming health care, infrastructure development and economic prosperity are his chief concerns.
He pledges to bring a "progressive agenda" to Washington, D.C., and supports President Barack Obama in his efforts to rebuild the economy and improve education.
Kazanow said he disagrees with his Republican opponent and argues shrinking the role of government will not lead to economic growth and providing tax cuts to the wealthy will not create jobs.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report