- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Birthdate: April 30, 1959
Birth Place: Pontiac, MI, United States
Residence: Mission Viejo, CA
Michael Williamson was born in Pontiac, Mich., and now lives in Mission Viejo, Calif. He came to California at age 18 when he joined the Marine Corps. He earned his bachelor's degree in criminal justice from August Vollmer University and a law degree from Howard Taft University's College of Law.
Williamson ran a restaurant and a pest control company before entering law enforcement at a young age. He worked for three years as a sheriff's deputy in Riverside County, in Southern California, before joining the Los Angeles Police Department, where he retired as a sergeant after more than 26 years on the force.
After retirement, Williamson started a new career as a lawyer, primarily representing police officers.
He enjoys exercising, taking cruises and traveling to Europe once a year.
Williamson and his wife, Danna, have two children.
Michael Williamson was a Republican but switched parties in 2004 after realizing his liberal stance on social issues put him at odds with the GOP.
An extreme fiscal conservative, Williamson believes in cutting tax rates and enacting tougher enforcement of immigration laws _ but he also supports gay rights and a woman's right to have an abortion.
Williamson does not support amnesty for illegal immigrants, but believes the U.S. should expand legal immigration.
He is a strong supporter of cutting tax rates across the board to stimulate the economy and of offering incentives for small businesses and employers.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'