- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Birth Place: Hong Kong, , Hong Kong
Residence: Sunnyvale, CA
Otto Lee emigrated from Hong Kong with his family when he was 15. He earned a bachelor's in chemical and nuclear engineering from the University of California-Berkeley and a law degree from the University of California-Hastings.
Upon graduating from college, Lee was commissioned an ensign in the U.S. Navy, serving as a supply officer. As a commander in the Navy Reserve, he served in Korea and was stationed in Baghdad during Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was awarded the Bronze Star.
Lee is a patent attorney and founder and managing partner of the Intellectual Property Law Group.
He was chair of the Sunnyvale Planning Commission and was elected to the Sunnyvale City Council in 2003, later serving as mayor.
He and his wife, Sally, have three children.
The cornerstone of Otto Lee's 2012 candidacy for California's 22nd Congressional District seat is working to improve conditions for military veterans. He wants to expand mental health benefits and access to educational opportunities, and speed up claims processing.
Lee is also in favor of promoting job growth through backing California's high-speed rail project and alternative energy sources. He says he will fight for comprehensive immigration reform, and a more equitable water distribution policy.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests