- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Birth Place: Hong Kong, , Hong Kong
Residence: Sunnyvale, CA
Otto Lee emigrated from Hong Kong with his family when he was 15. He earned a bachelor's in chemical and nuclear engineering from the University of California-Berkeley and a law degree from the University of California-Hastings.
Upon graduating from college, Lee was commissioned an ensign in the U.S. Navy, serving as a supply officer. As a commander in the Navy Reserve, he served in Korea and was stationed in Baghdad during Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was awarded the Bronze Star.
Lee is a patent attorney and founder and managing partner of the Intellectual Property Law Group.
He was chair of the Sunnyvale Planning Commission and was elected to the Sunnyvale City Council in 2003, later serving as mayor.
He and his wife, Sally, have three children.
The cornerstone of Otto Lee's 2012 candidacy for California's 22nd Congressional District seat is working to improve conditions for military veterans. He wants to expand mental health benefits and access to educational opportunities, and speed up claims processing.
Lee is also in favor of promoting job growth through backing California's high-speed rail project and alternative energy sources. He says he will fight for comprehensive immigration reform, and a more equitable water distribution policy.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'