- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Birthdate: Dec. 6, 1966
Birth Place: Duluth, MN, United States
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Religion: Roman Catholic
Phil Jennerjahn was born in Duluth, Minn., and grew up in Green Bay, Wis. He currently resides in Hollywood, Calif. He received a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Wisconsin, where he served in student government. He attended Whittier College School of Law but dropped out after his first year.
After college, he traveled extensively through Asia, Europe and South America, gaining international experiences he believes serves him well in politics.
Jennerjahn worked in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles and is a member of the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. He has had small, uncredited roles in TV shows and he wrote two television pilots that did not sell.
Jennerjahn worked in sales and as a real estate agent and was a government census taker in 2000. He is currently a political consultant.
Jennerjahn is single.
Phil Jennerjahn is a conservative Republican political consultant running for California's 28th Congressional District seat.
He ran unsuccessfully for the Republican nomination for Congress in 2010. A year earlier, he ran for mayor of Los Angeles and received just less than 1 percent of the vote. As part of his work as a political consultant, he led an unsuccessful effort to recall Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.
Jennerjahn is the author of the political blog "The Jennerjahn Report," in which he is highly critical of President Barack Obama and other Democrats. His congressional campaign website states simply, "Defeat Obama. End Obamacare. Dismantle large parts of our federal bureaucracy."
He lists the biggest political issues of the 2012 campaign as unemployment, the economy and gay marriage. "The big one for me is gay marriage," he says. "I'm very conservative, I don't believe in gay marriage. I think it's a fantasy concept."
On his Facebook page, Jennerjahn states he is a conservative first and a Republican second.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct