- Outrage as Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
Birthdate: Oct. 2, 1966
Birth Place: Chicago, IL, United States
Residence: Hometown, IL
Religion: Christian Reformed
Richard Grabowski grew up in the south and southwest neighborhoods of Chicago. He attended Morraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills but left without earning a degree.
Grabowski says is a materials supervisor at a manufacturer in Chicago's western suburbs. He describes himself as part of "the real world working class."
Grabowski and his wife, Linda, have four sons.
Richard Grabowski considers himself David challenging a Democratic Goliath with an empty slingshot. His question for voters is, "Do you have the stones to help make it happen?"
He told the ElectionInfo blog that he hopes serving in Congress will teach his sons "honesty, integrity, a hard work ethic, be willing to make tough choices necessary to maintain your freedoms."
Grabowski won almost 60 percent of the vote in the March 2012 Republican primary against two opponents. In the November general election he faces Democrat Dan Lipinski who has held the seat since 2005.
Illinois' 3rd District includes parts of Cook, Will and DuPage counties. Lipinski's father, Bill Lipinski, previously held the seat. Grabowski says that his father arranging for him to replace him was "the first of several south-side familial arranged nepotism handoffs in Illinois's past political decade of Democratic decadence."
Grabowski's chief focus is on fighting what he considers unethical Democratic domination of the congressional district and the state as a whole.
He warns that American freedoms are threatened by "tyrannical Cultural Marxist and Socialists on our own soil."
Grabowski says he wants to reduce taxes and cut federal spending, although his website offers no specific proposals. He calls for tougher immigration laws and pro-business policies. A former Roman Catholic who now attends a Christian Reformed church, Grabowski opposes abortion.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial