- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Birthdate: Oct. 2, 1966
Birth Place: Chicago, IL, United States
Residence: Hometown, IL
Religion: Christian Reformed
Richard Grabowski grew up in the south and southwest neighborhoods of Chicago. He attended Morraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills but left without earning a degree.
Grabowski says is a materials supervisor at a manufacturer in Chicago's western suburbs. He describes himself as part of "the real world working class."
Grabowski and his wife, Linda, have four sons.
Richard Grabowski considers himself David challenging a Democratic Goliath with an empty slingshot. His question for voters is, "Do you have the stones to help make it happen?"
He told the ElectionInfo blog that he hopes serving in Congress will teach his sons "honesty, integrity, a hard work ethic, be willing to make tough choices necessary to maintain your freedoms."
Grabowski won almost 60 percent of the vote in the March 2012 Republican primary against two opponents. In the November general election he faces Democrat Dan Lipinski who has held the seat since 2005.
Illinois' 3rd District includes parts of Cook, Will and DuPage counties. Lipinski's father, Bill Lipinski, previously held the seat. Grabowski says that his father arranging for him to replace him was "the first of several south-side familial arranged nepotism handoffs in Illinois's past political decade of Democratic decadence."
Grabowski's chief focus is on fighting what he considers unethical Democratic domination of the congressional district and the state as a whole.
He warns that American freedoms are threatened by "tyrannical Cultural Marxist and Socialists on our own soil."
Grabowski says he wants to reduce taxes and cut federal spending, although his website offers no specific proposals. He calls for tougher immigration laws and pro-business policies. A former Roman Catholic who now attends a Christian Reformed church, Grabowski opposes abortion.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Protests in Russia against Putin's actions in Ukraine a shift in attitudes
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge