- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Residence: Pinole, CA
Religion: Roman Catholic
Virginia Fuller was born in Suriname and immigrated to the United States in the 1970s; she became a citizen in 2000. She currently resides in Pinole, Calif. She was trained as a registered nurse in the Netherlands.
Currently working as a registered nurse, Fuller has run two pediatric care facilities in California, including a shelter home for abused and neglected children in Oakland and a nursing care facility in Richmond.
Fuller is divorced and has two children.
Virginia Fuller is challenging incumbent Democratic Rep. George Miller in California's 11th Congressional District. The district has a heavy Democratic registration edge.
She has served two years on the Contra Costa County GOP Central Committee as a board member and said in an emailed statement that she was inspired to run for office because she was "denied the right to run her business independently."
Regarding immigration, Fuller says there must be stiff penalties for businesses that employ illegal immigrants. She opposes programs that give illegal immigrants an easy path to citizenship.
Fuller says education should be controlled by individual states. She supports charter schools and voucher programs, believing schools will thrive in a competitive free market.
She opposes the 2010 health care reform bill and said she would fight for its repeal. She says the legislation creates a large burden on the working class.
Fuller is anti-abortion and supports parental notification for minors seeking abortions.
Source: Associated Press
113th Congress on Twitter
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business