- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
Awesome rifles: The best and the baddest
Awesome rifles: The best and the baddest. Some of the most notorious weapons ever produced.
The FAMAS (short for "Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Ã‰tienne", French for "assault rifle of the Saint-Ã‰tienne weapon factory") traces back to a project in 1967. It was met with production problems, but in 1978 it became the standard French rifle. It is a bullpup assault rifle like the Steyr AUG, meaning the ammunition is loaded behind the trigger for easier management. It can be used as a semi-automatic, automatic or three burst weapon.