- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Beating swords into plowshares
Guns were transformed into garden tools at an event at the Washington National Cathedral on Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, to highlight gun violence.
An event based on the theme of "beating swords into plowshares" had religious and secular leaders taking hammers to gun parts that blacksmiths had turned red from heat outside the Washington National Cathedral on Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, in Washington.