- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Beating swords into plowshares
Guns were transformed into garden tools at an event at the Washington National Cathedral on Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, to highlight gun violence.
The Very Rev. Gary Hall (center left), dean of the Washington National Cathedral, and Marian Wright Edelman (center right), founder and president of the Children's Defense Fund, hammer illegal guns into garden tools outside the church in Washington on Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013.