- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Caps lose 2-0 to Predators
The Capitals were thrilled to get a sellout crowd of 11,082 at 1st Mariner Arena on Tuesday night for the Baltimore Hockey Classic. But in terms of the on-ice action, that many people packed into a building built in 1962 didn’t help. The ice was slippery and there were visible puddles all over the rink, with conditions slowing down play to a crawl for much of the Caps’ 2-0 loss to the Nashville Predators.
Goalie Michal Neuvirth (30) and Patrick Wellar (41) of the Washington Capitals sit dejected as Colin Wilson(33) and Niclas Bergfors (18) of the Nashville Predators celebrate Wilson's goal in the third period in the Washington Capitals loss to the Nashville Predators, 2-0, in a preseason exhibition game. (Andrew Harnik/The Washington Times)