- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Cardinals take lead in NLCS
Boosted by two-run homers, the St. Louis Cardinals beat the San Francisco Giants 6-4 in Game 1 of the NLCS.
San Francisco Giants' Gregor Blanco makes a sliding catch on a ball hit by St. Louis Cardinals' Skip Schumaker during the sixth inning of Game 1 of baseball's National League championship series Sunday, Oct. 14, 2012, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg)